Interesting fact of the day

Status
Not open for further replies.

newvillefan

I Know My First Name Is Stephen
Hi guys

Thought this might make for an interesting topic! Mine for today is this:

Did anyone know that Madonna donated the royalties from her single 'This Used to Be My Playground' to the Karen A. Carpenter Memorial Foundation?

Any others??

Stephen

Wow! That's really something!! Who can top that? What a generous thing for Madonna to do -- and it's one of my favorite tunes -- it was used in A League Of Their Own. Considering the Philanthropic things the Alperts have done for the community, as well for as up-and-coming artists, it sounds as if our musical friends really know where it's at. Considering her recent shenanigans, Madonna's gesture was, indeed, touching. :)

Jon

...with a little more respect for Madonna, online...

Since most of the posters here seem to be well-versed on all things Carpenters, most of you probably already know this. Two of Madonna's songs, "Angel" and "Rain" were written as tributes to Karen Carpenter, according to her publicist Liz Rosenberg. This information was also included in a book called the "Encyclopedia Madonnica". Apparently Madonna is quite a Carpenters fan.

Tony

Tony said:
Apparently Madonna is quite a Carpenters fan...

Really? I was never aware of this. Interesting. You certainly wouldn't know it from her recording and/or production tecnique. Regardless of her personal trials and tribulations, I find Madonna to be a fascinating character in her own right. She is definitely no stranger to controversy, that's for sure. :wink:

Jon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom