Internet Radio: Radio Free Virgin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rudy

¡Que siga la fiesta!
Staff member
Site Admin
Just discovered a neat internet radio broadcast that's run by Virgin: Radio Free Virgin. Over broadband, the sound quality is surprisingly good, and they also have choices of modem speeds so even those with slower modems (28k) aren't left out. What's also impressive are their 44 different channels of programming. For starters, they have three jazz channels (although one's more "lounge" than jazz), classical, blues, rock, country, and they also have a set of stations that actually come from chosen store locations--the in-store DJ in London, for instance, is featured on the London channel.

There's also one "artist" channel; this evening, I'm listening to "Garbageradio", which is a radio program hosted by members of the band Garbage, featuring cuts from their own albums as well as selections taken from their own record collections. Seeing that some of Garbage's members are better known as producers, the styles run all over the place! I've already heard a John Lee Hooker song, followed by a track from beautifulgarbage, a Beastie Boys song, and as I write this, "Violet", by the group Hole (best known as the band of Courtney Love).

Given the good sound quality, this one's a keeper! Beats tuning in the local FM stations! :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom