Interpretations DVD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony

I just purchased the Interpretations DVD over the weekend and watched it all the way through last night. Having read somewhere (here perhaps?) that there was nothing new or extra on it, imagine my delight when the last video, "From This Moment On", finished and a full-length solo piano version of the same song ran during the credits. It was really lovely, and I assume it was Richard playing—it certainly sounded like his style—but I didn't see any mention of it. Does anyone have any info on this?

Also, I wonder why Richard hasn't done a CD of solo piano work? I would certainly buy a classy, somewhat romantic, mood-setting collection with just Richard tickling the ivories.

Tony

I sure would like to own this DVD. I haven't found it in local stores so I guess I'll have to order it.

Does this DVD have remixes or original album versions? Just curious! :D

Tony said:
Having read somewhere (here perhaps?) that there was nothing new or extra on it, imagine my delight when the last video, "From This Moment On", finished and a full-length solo piano version of the same song ran during the credits. It was really lovely, and I assume it was Richard playing—it certainly sounded like his style—but I didn't see any mention of it. Does anyone have any info on this?

I guess no one mentioned that it was 'new' because it's always been there. The VHS tape (and Japanese Laserdisc) from the start (1994-5) had that piece on there. I too, assume that it's Richard playing the slow, wistful version of "From This Moment On" on a lone piano.

Harry
...up early on a Thusrday morning, online...

Harry,

Thanks for the explanation. Having never owned this video collection, I wouldn't have realized that the 'new' solo piano version of "From This Moment On" wasn't exactly new and had been there all along. Even so, it was a very pleasant surprise, and I couldn't help but wonder if Richard had ever considered doing an entire CD of similar solo piano work. George Winston and similar artists have become quite popular in the genre, and I imagine that there would be a receptive market for such an offering from Richard, considering his talent, and his stature in the industry. Indeed, I would MUCH prefer solo piano over the things he put on his "Composer, Conductor, Arranger" CD.

Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom