IS "CARPENTERS" OUT-OF -PRINT?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr J.

Tower Records is listing Karen and Richard's 1971 blockbuster "Carpenters" as being out of print.As Tower recieves information directly from the labels,I would have to say that this is most likely accurate information.Although "Carpenters" was a best seller in the 70's,I think it's popularity waned over the years,supplanted by subsequent favored albums and compilations.IF you want this album,grab a copy while you can!

While I would always advise anyone to get any CD or DVD product the moment you see it because you never know when a title will disappear, I think this particular case is just some confusion in Tower's online database.

If you go here, you'll see that there are two listings for the album Carpenters. The first, 07502135022, is the one listed as out of print, and selling the limited quantities on hand for $13.99. That's the old '80s release of the album that they must still have a few of in stock.

The second one listed is 07502135022, which is the current Remastered Classics series release from 1998. Though it's got a 'low stock' warning, that's true of many current discs on many sites. These companies are just not keeping their own warehouses as well-stocked as they used to. But I'm fairly certain this one isn't yet out of print, based on this alone. I'm sure our Mike Blakesley would alert us as he receives official word of title deletions.

Harry
...pretty sure it's still in print, online...

[edit: retitled the thread so as not to scare anyone with potentially false information.]

Weelllllll, I don't know about this one.

Our warehouse is currently out of stock on that title, BUT, it's not shown as being a cut-out either...it's shown as being just a regular title, nothing out of the ordinary. In fact, no Carpenters titles are listed in the cut-out list for future dates.

I'll keep an eye on it. It could be the company is just backordering it, which happens a lot.

It's back in stock now. Still no sign of a cutout date, so I would say this title is safe -- for now, anyway.

(For those who don't know, my day job is at a small music store. We buy our CDs from Alliance Entertainment, one of the biggest CD warehouses in the country which also supplies many of the online stores.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom