J&K 'STONEBONE' on Ebay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, Benson had much more commercial appeal than the more mainstream jazz artists, so in that sense I can understand how well he did here in the States.

I had the pleasure of exchanging e-mails with JJ before he died and he loved going to Japan. He said the crowds were much bigger there and very enthusiastic, whereas the US clubs could get rather sparse and polite. Same thing when he was in Europe. I wish I would've saved those e-mails, but of course I had no idea that things would end the way they did.

Capt. Bacardi

Wow, Two-Thousand Dollars!!!!!! :rolleyes:

The guy is finally getting desperate to sell it!!!!
sighing.gif
sigh.gif

Dave

Advertised this way would sound like a bargain:

"Buy NOW and SAVE $2000!!!"

--Mr Bill

Or: "UNDER $7,000" ....... ($6,999.99)

Who among us will give the dude a reality check and submit a "lowball" offer?

JB

Another "Bidding Has Ended" Announcement...

Will it be re-listed, or should we start scouting it out in the Thrift Stores?

Dave

Scouting in thrift stores? Don't I wish. In 30+ years of thrift bin hunting I've never seen this one. Never saw it offered online or in a 'Goldmine' magazine auction either.
A reissue by A&M/Pony Canyon is our best hope.

JB

If he drops the price amother $4000 I think I'd be interested. But then again, I wonder if the "economy shipping" would be $3000....

Capt. Bacardi

STONEBONE was relisted for a minimum bid of $555.00, for which it apparently sold. There were no bids yesterday, and today it's gone.
Hope a reissue happens so I won't spend a lifetime regretting not mortgaging the house to top the bid.

JB

Another STONEBONE eBay auction is going on at present. Looks like this one wants $500.

Harry

Yeah, this is the second time around for these guys. The last time I made an offer for $100 and they responded about how "insulted" they were to get that offer. It wasn't pleasant after that.... :wink:

Capt. Bacardi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom