• The new Carpenters recording with the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra is now available. Use this link to order, and help us out at the same time. Thank you!

Joe Reisman "Close To You"

AM Matt

From 1971 "Sweet With A Beat" on Readers Digest Music, here is the late Joe Reisman (who died in 1987) His Orchestra & Chorus doing "Close To You". My late grandma bought me the 6 record set in November of 1972 (trimmed from the 9 record set in 1971) from the Readers Digest magazine!! Matt Clark Sanford, MI

AM Matt

Also heard on WGER (102.5 FM) in Bay City & Saginaw, Michigan when it was "Beautiful 102" until September of 1989 when it changed to an Adult Contemporary 40 station. The late John Doremus did the show from 7:00 till 9:00 every day including weekends. WGER switched channels from 102.5 FM to 106.3 FM in September of 1986 & it was downhill from there. Matt Clark Sanford, MI

jaredjohnfisher

I must be getting old because I find this type of music especially soothing. I recall hearing Ray Conniff, et al, on my transistor radio in my pre-teens and appreciating the arrangements that differed ever so slightly from the original hits. I was not familiar with this orchestra leader or singers, but I like their sound! Thanks for sharing!

Top Bottom