Joe Reisman "Close To You"

AM Matt

Forum Undertaker
From 1971 "Sweet With A Beat" on Readers Digest Music, here is the late Joe Reisman (who died in 1987) His Orchestra & Chorus doing "Close To You". My late grandma bought me the 6 record set in November of 1972 (trimmed from the 9 record set in 1971) from the Readers Digest magazine!! Matt Clark Sanford, MI

Also heard on WGER (102.5 FM) in Bay City & Saginaw, Michigan when it was "Beautiful 102" until September of 1989 when it changed to an Adult Contemporary 40 station. The late John Doremus did the show from 7:00 till 9:00 every day including weekends. WGER switched channels from 102.5 FM to 106.3 FM in September of 1986 & it was downhill from there. Matt Clark Sanford, MI

I must be getting old because I find this type of music especially soothing. I recall hearing Ray Conniff, et al, on my transistor radio in my pre-teens and appreciating the arrangements that differed ever so slightly from the original hits. I was not familiar with this orchestra leader or singers, but I like their sound! Thanks for sharing!

Back
Top Bottom