Jon "Bowzer" Bauman of Sha-Na-Na

Status
Not open for further replies.

LPJim

Staff member
Friday night was the annual Fire Fighters Association benefit show, and a very enjoyable program was emceed by Jon "Bowzer" Bauman, pianist/vocalist of Sha-Na-Na. The 50s & 60s tribute group is well known for TV and film appearances, and also appeared at Woodstock.
Assisting Bauman were The Tokens, featuring Jay Siegel (lead vocals) and Bowzer's backup band, Rocky and the Rollers. Here, for posterity, is the setlist of a fun and ... to the best of my knowledge un-A&M related ... evening.

Bowzer and band:
Boney Maroney
Sea Cruise
Runaway
Land of 1000 Dances

Tokens:
16 Candles/ Runaround Sue/ See You in Sept./ One Fine Day/ The Wanderer/ Sillouettes/ Earth Angel/ You Send Me/ The Lion Sleeps Tonight.

After intermission Bowzer returned for several tunes including these:
Rocking Robin
Blue Moon
At the Hop -- with hulahoop contest
Flight of the Bumblebee (Bowzer piano solo)
"The Bach Bonus" --- more excellent classical piano
Bumble Boogie
The Birds and Bees
Can't Help Falling in Love
Willie and the Hand Jive
Your Love Has Lifted me Higher
Shout
(encore) Goodnight Sweetheart.

Fire fighters' benefit shows don't get advertized, and tickets are mostly distributed by word of mouth, but if you get a chance to attend one of these functions you may be in for a very pleasant surprise.
JB --- figuring the law of averages means they're due for an A&M-related act next time, online

Actually there is an A&M connection. Henry Gross (SP 4416) was once a member of Shanana.
JB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom