🎵 AotW Joyce Kennedy - LOOKIN' FOR TROUBLE (SP-4996)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LPJim

Staff member
Joyce Kennedy
LOOKIN' FOR TROUBLE

A&M SP-4996

sp4996.jpg

A1 Tailor MadeWritten-By – L. F. Sylvers III*, P. Phillips Olland*, R. Sylvers* 6:05
A2 Chase The NightWritten-By – L. F. Sylvers III*, P. Phillips Olland* 4:36
A3 Love Is A BetWritten-By – L. F. Sylvers III*, P. Phillips Olland* 4:20
A4 Chain ReactionWritten-By – J. Gallo*, L. F. Sylvers III*, P. Phillips Olland* 4:30
A5 Lookin' For TroubleWritten-By – L. F. Sylvers III*, P. Phillips Olland*, W. Zimmerman* 4:00
B1 Different NowWritten-By – G. Leib*, J. Osborne* 4:12
B2 Watch My BodyWritten-By – Dee Dee Denard* 5:11
B3 The Last Time I Made LoveLead Vocals – Jeffrey OsborneMusic By, Lyrics By – J. Barry*, B. Mann - C. Weil* 3:02
B4 Stronger Than BeforeWritten-By – B. Roberts*, B. Bacharach*, C. Bayer-Sager* 4:40
B5 You Can Bet Your LifeWritten-By – F. Musker*, S. Geering* 3:29

Entered the Billboard Top 200 on Sept. 8, 1984
Charted for 13 weeks and peaked at # 79
Note: Joyce Kennedy was a founder of the band Mother's Finest in 1968

JB

Last edited:
Never heard this album before, though I do have a 45 for "The Last Time I Made Love," which did manage to go Top 40 and remains Joyce Kennedy's sole appearance on that chart.

Didn't realize that Jeffrey Osborne produced half of this album! I'm a longtime fan of his, so I'll have to check this disc out.

Leon Sylvers was no slouch either--he was a prominent producer in the 70s and 80s, and was also behind the light funk/disco group The Sylvers, which had some charting success.

It is also interesting to see a post-Dionne composition by Burt Bacharach on here as well.

Yeah, I'm curious to hear that one ("Stronger Than Before") myself. I've heard other versions of the song - Carole Bayer Sager was the first to record it (her version actually became her lone Top 40 hit as a performer), Dionne Warwick covered it shortly after, and Chaka Khan also covers it on her I Feel for You album - but I wasn't aware Joyce Kennedy did it as well.

Sylvers is a talented guy, I'd agree. I might be wrong about this, but if my memory serves right, I think he was also one of the writers behind "And the Beat Goes On" for the Whispers and "The Second Time Around" for Shalamar. Somewhere I've got the 45s for both those songs, so I'll have to dig those out and check the credits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom