Julie Andrews opens concert with the Carpenters song "HAPPY" in 1976 - Rare audio

What a very special treat! Thanks so much for sharing this! The loss of Ms. Andrew's glorious singing voice is tragic, but her other talents and genuine warmth continue to shine. She is a very fun and classy lady.

i have always felt the chorus was weak but these lyric changes give it more strength in the chorus only. The verses have always been perfect,

i have always felt the chorus was weak but these lyric changes give it more strength in the chorus only. The verses have always been perfect,
Julie Andrews also sang sometimes. I wonder if she enjoyed listening to carpenters. She has once said that she didn’t want to sing sad songs. So kind not a surprise she chose to sing “happy”!

Julie Andrews also sang sometimes. I wonder if she enjoyed listening to carpenters. She has once said that she didn’t want to sing sad songs. So kind not a surprise she chose to sing “happy”!

Nice! I love Henry Mancini.
I've never heard Julie mention or share her thoughts on the Carpenters, but I sure would love to know if she listened and admired them.

Back
Top Bottom