Julius Wechter & The Tijuana Brass

Harry

Charter A&M Corner Member
Staff member
Site Admin
Just looking through some Tijuana Brass stuff online I easily found twelve Julius Wechter compositions done by Herb Alpert & The Tijuana Brass over the years. Seems to me that would make a good compilation. In no particular order.

Spanish Flea
Panama
Robbers & Cops
Coney Island
Warm
Flea Bag
Julius And Me
Blue Sunday
Shades Of Blue
Up Cherry Street
The Nicest Things Happen
Brasilia

Julius was my favorite TJB'er even though he didn't travel with the band until TJB 2.0. I met him and talked to him at some length and discovered that he was also a very nice guy.

Just looking through some Tijuana Brass stuff online I easily found twelve Julius Wechter compositions done by Herb Alpert & The Tijuana Brass over the years. Seems to me that would make a good compilation.
Perfect LP-length compilation.

I don't know if John Pisano ever had that many with the TJB. I need to get out the LPs and take a look one of these days. A compilation of A&M-based composers would work out nicely also--Wechter, Pisano, Bud Coleman, etc., even Chris Montez's track from Going Places.

Just looking through some Tijuana Brass stuff online I easily found twelve Julius Wechter compositions done by Herb Alpert & The Tijuana Brass over the years. Seems to me that would make a good compilation. In no particular order.

Spanish Flea
Panama
Robbers & Cops
Coney Island
Warm
Flea Bag
Julius And Me
Blue Sunday
Shades Of Blue
Up Cherry Street
The Nicest Things Happen
Brasilia
Perfect LP-length compilation.

I don't know if John Pisano ever had that many with the TJB. I need to get out the LPs and take a look one of these days. A compilation of A&M-based composers would work out nicely also--Wechter, Pisano, Bud Coleman, etc., even Chris Montez's track from Going Places.
He also co wrote BEAN BAG Pisano-Wechter

I made a compilation once that I titled “Written in Brass” that consisted of songs written by Herb’s stable of writers. It’s one of my favorite playlists. I think it includes most or all of those Julius tracks.

Back
Top Bottom