Julius Wechter Tribute: New Discussion Here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rudy

¡Que siga la fiesta!
Staff member
Site Admin
This is just a placeholder in the new forum for discussions about the upcoming Tribute...only a week away! We'll start a new thread here if any attendees need to report back from the show.

Any last minute questions about the concert? Post them here!

-= N =-

Well, just to keep the new thread moving, I'd just like to wish everyone who's going to Glendale this week a great, happy experience! I can't make it there myself, so I'm relying on those who can to deliver a detailed report!

There was some discussion back a few months ago about whether the tribute would be filmed or taped in some manner. Does anyone know if this is going to happen, and whether copies of tapes will be available from TSA afterward?

Mike
NP: Windmills of Your Mind (extended mental version)

I'll be there in spirit also. I haven't heard anything further about a videotape, but will keep everyone posted if there's any type of official announcement.

-= N =-

Hi Neil,
I wrote to Cissy Wechter this morning to ask her if there will be a video
tape available for purchase of this event. She is probably so busy this
week with last minute details that she may not have time to answer me,
but if I hear anything I will post it here. Has anyone been in contact with
David Wechter regarding this subject? :wink: :?:
Shirley

Found this in the Forum archives....Maybe it will help.
Hasta,
DJ
Two more workdays and I'm outta here for California and the Alex Theatre!!
8)
Re: Julius Wechter Tribute: Discussion

Posted By: David Wechter <[email protected]>
Date: Wed 1/16/02 9:38p.m.

In Response To: Re: Julius Wechter Tribute: Discussion (DAN BOLTON)

> Bruce and David, are you reading this?

> Dan

Yes, I am reading this! I'm glad to see that this group is interested in the show. As for videotaping it, everyone can relax: I'm working on having the show professionally videotaped, assuming I can pull in some favors from cameramen I've worked with. There was talk of doing a CD but the costs may make that unfeasible. I don't know that we'd be able to broadcast the video, due to the many complications of obtaining broadcast rights from all of the performers, but we will have an audio/video record of the event. I'll see if there's some way to make it available to fans, perhaps in exchange for a contribution to the Tourette's Syndrome Association. If anyone has the opportunity to see the show in person, I hope you will come; it's going to be an incredible evening.

--David W.

musicfirst said:
Two more workdays and I'm outta here for California and the Alex Theatre!!

Wish I could join all of you there! :sad: Thanks to conflicting plans and other situations, it just turned into bad timing for me.

-= N =-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom