July 2017 Remembrances

The voice of Rocky the flying squirrel, June Foray has died at 99 years old. Matt Clark Sanford, MI

I'm sad about June Foray. Along with Mel Blanc, she was one of my favorite cartoon character voice artists. She also did a hilarious cameo appearance on Green Acres one time as "Carmelita," who was temporarily hired as a telephone operator. "Si, I talk a bunch of English!"

I'm sad about June Foray. Along with Mel Blanc, she was one of my favorite cartoon character voice artists. She also did a hilarious cameo appearance on Green Acres one time as "Carmelita," who was temporarily hired as a telephone operator. "Si, I talk a bunch of English!"
Rocky the Flying Squirrel and Natasha were two of her voices. June was one of the greats.

Ray Davies (born 1927) died on 20th July 2017. Not the front man of The Kinks, but one of Brtian's outstanding trumpeters / flugelhorn players, Davies made many albums with his Button-Down Brass as well as conducting the BBC Radio Orchestra and writing and recording many tracks for Library Music companies. He won several awards and was active in the Music Industry, having chaired the PRS For Music Benevolant Fund. He worked with many international artists including The Beatles, Liza Minelli, Bing Crosby, Rolling Stones, Burt Bacharach, Shirley Bassey, Johnny Mathis, Petula Clark, Tony Bennett, Henry Mancini, Quincy Jones and Ella Fitzgerald.

Ray Davies (born 1927) died on 20th July 2017. Not the front man of The Kinks, but one of Brtian's outstanding trumpeters / flugelhorn players, Davies made many albums with his Button-Down Brass as well as conducting the BBC Radio Orchestra and writing and recording many tracks for Library Music companies. He won several awards and was active in the Music Industry, having chaired the PRS For Music Benevolant Fund. He worked with many international artists including The Beatles, Liza Minelli, Bing Crosby, Rolling Stones, Burt Bacharach, Shirley Bassey, Johnny Mathis, Petula Clark, Tony Bennett, Henry Mancini, Quincy Jones and Ella Fitzgerald.
I'm familiar with this particular Ray Davies because I am familiar with library music of which a lot of them such as KPM AND others have been publicly released in compilations in recent years I'm sorry to hear of his passing and I collect music like that and here in the U.S Network music issued much of its back catalog in Digital download form so we can enjoy the musical legacies of these classic instrumentalists

Back
Top Bottom