Karen as album producer

Status
Not open for further replies.

SwimAMile

I've noticed that Karen was sometimes listed as Producer (along with Richard), Associate Producer or not at all, once Richard started being listed as Producer.

What are the practical implications of being an Associate Producer? Apart from artistic control, does it also affect rights, royalties etc? What role did Karen play in the artistic process? Why wasn't she listed as an Associate Producer for Made in America after having been on previous albums?

I've always wondered about this and would appreciate any info.

Carpenters Credits Reflect the Period of Album Release and Changing
Circumstances :confused:

Whilst Jack Daughtery Gained Producer Credits for 1969 > 1972 Albums, Actually Richard was Producer in Reality and Karen Associate Producer in Terms of the Carpenters Sound , Songs , Track Selection , Album Production etc.

Thus for Now & Then , Both Karen and Richard shared Co-Production Credits as Both Had Key Input into the Second Side Medley Songs and Worked Together on this Set.

By Mid 1970's Horizon and Hush Albums , Richard was Primary Producer and Karen Associate Producer , Karen Still Contributed with Selecting Certain Songs "Goofus" and "Sweet , Sweet , Smile" Come to Mind , But with Her Health Issues , Richard was Producer.

If I Recall Karen Had Far Less Active Involvement in Made In America Sessions and Other 1980's Recordings Due to Karen's Marriage , Health etc , Richard Focused as Producer During this Time :o

Richard Certainly Gained Additional Producer Advances , Monies and Royalties From Being Carpenters Producer As With Richard's Songwriting / Composer Credits , Which Amassed A Far Larger Personal Fortune than Karen's Rumoured Totals and Even More During the CD Period :)

For Example Carpenter & Bettis Were Second Only to Lennon & McCartney in Japanese Karaoke & Radio Royalties as Featured in 1999 UK Report on Songwriting Earnings , I Could Not Believe the Amounts Listed , Both the Listed Partnerships Were Far Ahead of Other Writers !! :shock:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom