Karen in her music video's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rick-An Ordinary Fool

I was curious what you think about this.

Whenever I listen to the carpenters on CD or LP or in my car I always try to vision in my head what she looked like under the mic recording that track. Do you think that the way we see her in the videos is the way her facial expressions & jestures is the same way when she records?

For instance. One of my fav videos is Karen on the DVD singing "When I Fall in Love" by the piano. When the camera gets close you can see alot of "little" jestures she makes with her hands, shoulders & facial expressions. I really like to watch her do this. Do you think she did these same kind of jestures when she actually recorded the original track in the studio?

OR

Do you think that the videos are pre-recorded & therefore gives Karen a chance to "add" the extra jestures to her performance on video.

When you watch Karen in her videos on DVD, Karen is very interactive with the camera, it's subtle but very strong.

I myself think these subtle actions are mostly put on for the camera. When it's visual, you have to engage the audience more, as if you are singing to them through the lens of the camera.

In the studio she wouldn't have that burden - I think she mostly tended to close her eyes, hold her earphones close to her ears and focus on the job in hand and lay down the track. Check the recording clips of Only Yesterday and Hurting Each Other.

On Rainy days she even lay down on a comfy cushion on the floor so she could get that comfortable, conversational feel for the opening lines of the song!

Stephen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom