KAREN ON NEW YORK JAZZ RADIO

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr J.

WSHR(91.9)-the new jazz station in New York(Long Island) is playing Karen Carpenter's "A Song For You" and "This Masquerade".I've been listening to this station for about a month,and was happy to hear Karen this week.WSHR is pretty much traditional jazz(mostly Frank Sinatra,Miles Davis,Nat Cole,Ella Fitzgerald,etc.),but they also play newer artists-Anita Baker,Sade,etc.Until now,it was almost impossible to hear Karen on any station here in New York.If there are any forum members in the New York area,tune in to 91.9 if you wanna hear Karen!(WSHR probably gets good reception in some parts of Connecticut,too).I don't know if they're playing any other Karen tracks,but I'm going to call the station next week and find out.

Great news! I think that "A Song for You" is a showcase for Karen's impeccible phrasing and perfectly represents the magic of the Carpenters.

Craig

I've always loved "A Song For You" - beautiful arrangement and vocals by Karen & Richard. One of my very favorite from the Carpenters. Glad it's getting airplay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom