Karen Philipp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dario Western

Hi all,

My name is Dario Western and I am a life-long Sergio Mendes fan from Brisbane in Australia. My parents introduced me and my two younger siblings to his music at a very young age, and I've loved and respected his music ever since.

I'd like to know whatever became of Karen Philipp's entertainment career after she left the show M*A*S*H? Not much seems to have been heard of her since 1972. The last that was heard of her was that she was studying Russian languages according to a radio feature done by the ABC in Australia in 1984 but that was about it.

She was a very attractive and sexy lady with a beautiful voice, and it's a shame she didn't stay longer with Brasil 66 & 77.

After her Sergio career, she did at least one solo album (which I've never heard) and posed for a Playboy pictorial (which I've never seen, unfortunately), but that's about all I know about her.

I don't think Karen ever had an album, but I might be wrong. I know she co-wrote a tune on Helen Reddy's "I am Woman" album, but I can't remember what it's called. Karen married producer Pat Proft and lives in Minnesota IIRC.

I don't think Karen ever had an album, but I might be wrong.
I can't admit to ever seeing the album in the flesh, but I do remember seeing it in catalog listings after she left Brasil '77. I haven't been able to find anything about it online. I do remember it was self-titled.

Maybe it was a different Karen Phillip - the name is ordinary enough that that's certainly possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom