Karen & The Singer-Songwriter

LongAgo

CARPENTERS recorded several songs by other high profile singers and songwriters in the 1970's: 2 Lennon-McCartney tunes, 3 Leon Russell tunes, 6 Paul Williams tunes, and 11 Bacharach tunes. They also recorded two Carole King songs, specifically "It's Going to Take Some Time" and "One Fine Day".

Perhaps it's just my ear and the things I hear in my own head, but I can just imagine the readings Karen could have delivered to more Carole King tunes had they collaborated together or if the prolific Ms. King had written something especially for Karen to sing. I've no doubt the resonance of tone and depth of lyric would have created something very special.

Who do you wish Karen had the opportunity to collaborate with?

I think they recorded 4 Lennon-McCartney tunes, as I think they did “Ticket To Ride, Help, Nowhere Man & Goodnight”. (Okay NM & GN were pre-A&M, but they’ve still been issued).

You are correct! My brain failed me earlier and knew someone would correct me. Thank you.

Also "Can't Buy Me Love" and 2 Sedaka songs "Solitaire" and "Breaking Up Is Hard to Do"

I think the Bee Gee’s and silly suggestion possibly but Amy Winehouse.

Back
Top Bottom