Karen’s Best

It seems SOLITAIRE is a huge fave, mine too.

For the Christmas songs....
1) AVE MARIA....sacred and sumpteous!
2) HAVE YOURSELF A MERRY LITTLE CHRISTMAS....just a gorgeous rendition that makes it her own...
3) DO YOU HEAR WHAT I HEAR? ....love this...

1) SOLITAIRE...the best song that showcases her voice...
2) SUPERSTAR....just a beautiful song filled with such drama and how she is so young and yet sounds so wordly and weary as her interpretation of a groupie and her rockstar....
3) BOAT TO SAIL...I know I know...but I was amazed at her vocal playfulness on this track...I always see this as Part 1, with SAILING ON THE TIDE as Part 2....she just gives it a beautiful interpretation....

I have to tie 3) also with 4) TRYING TO GET THAT FEELING AGAIN...a gem. I was blown away when I first heard this in 1995....just a gorgeous song!!

It seems SOLITAIRE is a huge fave, mine too.

For the Christmas songs....
1) AVE MARIA....sacred and sumpteous!
2) HAVE YOURSELF A MERRY LITTLE CHRISTMAS....just a gorgeous rendition that makes it her own...
3) DO YOU HEAR WHAT I HEAR? ....love this...

1) SOLITAIRE...the best song that showcases her voice...
2) SUPERSTAR....just a beautiful song filled with such drama and how she is so young and yet sounds so wordly and weary as her interpretation of a groupie and her rockstar....
3) BOAT TO SAIL...I know I know...but I was amazed at her vocal playfulness on this track...I always see this as Part 1, with SAILING ON THE TIDE as Part 2....she just gives it a beautiful interpretation....

I have to tie 3) also with 4) TRYING TO GET THAT FEELING AGAIN...a gem. I was blown away when I first heard this in 1995....just a gorgeous song!!
Another Boat to Sail fan! :)

I think my favorite "just based on Karen's performance" song is "I Need to Be In Love." There's so much vulnerability in that lyric anyway and she pulls it off magnificently.

Then there is that old war-horse, "Close To You." It's one of the very few songs in my whole music collection that I virtually never get tired of listening to. A perfect combination of singer, arrangement and song.

For #3 I would have to go with "Goodbye To Love." I really like the song as a whole anyway, but it is a very difficult song to sing due to the long lines. You try singing "Time and time again the chance for love has passed me by and all I know of love is how to live without it" without running out of air. So it's one of my favorite of her performances just based on that.

For a perfect combination of her terrific vocals plus drum talent, I'd go with "Another Song," especially the multi-multi-multitracked last word in the lyrics.

Back
Top Bottom