Karen's Condo

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

phoenixfan4

This question has probably been asked before in this forum, but as a 'Newbie' here I thought I would bring it up again for other 'Newbies' to read.

Does Richard still own Karen's Century city condo on Avenue of the stars? I know the interior was used for the filming of "The Karen Carpenter story" but after that I just assumed that Richard had sold it. And what about all of the furnishings that were in it? Were they also sold at an auction or to a private collector maybe? Just curious to see if any of you out there have any information on this. Perhaps Tom Burris retained ownership to the Condo after Karen's demise since they had not formally divorced before Karen passed away.

Hi there

Very Interesting question. I wasn't aware Richard had used the condo in the movie, I thought it was just Newville and Lubec Street. I thought the shots where Karen is at her condo with her mum were just a 'set'.

I very much doubt that Tom owns anything relating to Karen, since she re-wrote her will a year before she died, leaving all her assets to Richard, her mum and dad.

If that's the case, what about the other houses she owned in Bel Air and Mexico? Who owns them now? Who owns the Newville house now, does anyone know the family?

I read with sadness on here a few weeks ago that the new family have 'closed off' much of Newville as it's just too big to maintain. I'm sorry?! What's the point in buying such a big house then???

Look forward to any comments on this one!

Stephen

newvillefan said:
I very much doubt that Tom owns anything relating to Karen, since she re-wrote her will a year before she died, leaving all her assets to Richard, her mum and dad.

If that's the case, what about the other houses she owned in Bel Air and Mexico? Who owns them now? Who owns the Newville house now, does anyone know the family?

I have no idea who currently owns any of these properties, and quite frankly, I couldn't care less!

I hesitate to bring up things of a personal nature, but since it's a matter of public record anyway, I have to clear up the misconception that Karen wrote her husband completely out of her will. That's not the case. Karen specifically willed Tom their marital home, along with the household furnishings and appliances. The rest of her estate was willed to her parents and Richard.

Now, back to the music discussion...

Murray

Murray

Sorry if my post inconvenienced you, but if I'm not mistaken we talk about a lot more things on here than just Karen and Richard's music.

And blame Ray Coleman for that misconception, not me. I would have thought 'all her assets' included homes as well.

newvillefan said:
Murray

Sorry if my post inconvenienced you, but if I'm not mistaken we talk about a lot more things on here than just Karen and Richard's music.

Nope, it didn't inconvenience me at all! :wink: :D I never meant to give the impression that we can't, or don't, discuss things other than the music in this forum. Personally, it doesn't bother me to discuss anything concerning the Carpenters, and believe me I have, but I have also learned from past experience that topics of a personal nature, such as Karen's marriage, the will, the autopsy, her religious beliefs etc., have not always been encouraged or considered appropriate by the moderator. So, out of respect, I've decided that it's usually best to stick to discussing the music, and other things associated with their professional lives.

And blame Ray Coleman for that misconception, not me. I would have thought 'all her assets' included homes as well.

Interesting. Perhaps Mr. Coleman came to this conclusion based on interviews he conducted, and may not have personally seen a copy of the will? :confused: Anyway, it's definitely in there.

As to who owns the Newville and Lubec houses, and Karen's condo now, is it really that important to know their names? If I did know them, and I don't, it really wouldn't be appropriate to post them to a public forum. I would think that the people deserve their privacy.

Murray

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom