1. A&M Corner can now be found on Instagram! Follow us on our new account at @a.m.corner .
    You may also follow us on Twitter: @amcorner.
  2. We have received word that UMe is aware of the problem with the Carpenters vinyl releases, both the box sets and the individual LPs, and has offered a solution. To receive a replacement, send a proof of purchase to UMGCustomerSupport@umusic.com. UMe prefers email, but those who prefer phone contact may call 1-800-288-5942 to speak to Customer Support.

Karen's Solo album

Discussion in 'A Song For You: The Carpenters Forum' started by goodjeans, Mar 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mark-T

Mark-T Well-Known Member

I'm listening to both the official album and then the easy to access outtakes as I work.
    I'm 100% happy with what was chosen to be on the final album vs. what was left off. That said, I love "Somethings Missing" and "I Do It for Your Love" in particular. As far as Karen singing too high, "It's Really You" is the worst offender of all of it.

2. Carpe diem

Carpe diem Well-Known Member

Count me in as a fan of All Because Of You also. Love the acoustic guitar and Karen's bluesy delivery ("I keep singin' my love song"). So unique from the disco-oriented material.

3. DLKG

DLKG New Member

I have to agree with you. It just feels like everyone is being way too picky here.

4. Toolman

Toolman Simple Man, Simple Dream

The emphatic, clipped delivery on "All Because" reminds me a bit of the style she used on "A Song for You" (specifically, the section beginning, "You taught me / precious secrets..."). Then there's the lyric in "All Because" that makes a sideways reference to "A Song for You". For those reasons, I hear those two songs as companion pieces, in a way.

Mark-T likes this.
  5. GaryAlan

GaryAlan Well-Known Member

It is amusing that one of the reasons I am not particularly fond of Richard's lead vocals,
    is that (imho) he usually sings in too high a key for my tastes (in male vocalists) !

6. DLKG

DLKG New Member

WOW that was well said !!!!

CraigGA likes this.
  7. Mark-T

Mark-T Well-Known Member

^^ Agreed- and I really like Richard's solo work on Time too.

8. CARPENTERS-COLLECTOR

CARPENTERS-COLLECTOR Active Member

U.K
    @Rick-An Ordinary Fool

`Since this is a forum and we are allowed express how we feel`

sorry, have to disagree there rick :)
    a post I made about a week ago was removed, which was respectful, but just my opinion!

9. I think this thread has outlived its usefulness. Ten years is a long time and the subject has been thrashed to the point of people sniping at each other.

If there's something that you want to say about the solo album that hasn't been said before, feel free to start a new thread.

Bobberman likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.