Karen’s way of holding the microphone

Kacfan

Hi, this topic was briefly mentioned elsewhere, I just wanted to add my two cents: that I always thought that Karen developed her unique way of holding the microphone because she was a drummer. Please look at how she holds the drumstick (the traditional grip), and then watch the a kind of hush official video, and see how she holds the microphone in that video. It is actually the same grip with a different angle. She truely loved the drums: once she stopped playing them, she started to hold the microphone as is if it was a drumstick !

Actually there's an outtake, soundless unfortunately, from the This Masquerade opening to the Ella medley where her finger is doing the "The Karen" thing and the director makes mention to it and she doesn't look happy.

In fact she walks back off set then sticks her arm back out from behind the wall and she then waves said finger around in a gesture that could be seen as a little saucy but I think she was just goofing around.

I’ve always thought the exact same. I’m sure she was just doing what felt natural for her. And that makes perfect sense for ‘a drummer who sang’.

Yeah someone leaked a whole bunch of outtakes from MMM a long time ago. The producer tells Karen he doesn’t like how she’s holding the mic and Karen looks down and points are her finger saying this? She irritated. It gives you an idea how little control they had. There is also an outtake of her getting her makeup and hair done which is cool to watch. There is also a rare outtake that didn’t make the US tv show of Karen thanking the International viewers.

Back
Top Bottom