kickstarter

ars nova

I am really tired of waiting for the mythical richard carpenter christmas album. if financing is the hold-up, do any of you who have an established relationship with mr. carpenter, think he would be offended with the possibility of it being fan funded? one of my favorite dallas bands, bowling for soup has been successful with this approach.

Sarcasm is a tough thing to pull off on the text-based Internet. I've learned the hard way to at least use smileys when they're needed.

If I've misunderstood the intent, then so likely would others.

As much as I want to hear unrealesed material, when examples of great artists as above mentioned release albums past their prime it always seems to diminish their star. I am glad Richard stops with comfort with what has been completed. Karen had a great voice and I could hear it all, but Harry has made some good points repeatedly over unreleased material staying that way. Over the years I tend to agree. Would I like to hear the studio version of Thank You For the Music, yes, a few solo jems, yes, more from the buried treasures list, yes, but not at the expense of better judgement. Perhaps one day there will be a tribute to ABBA, where TYFTM appears, who knows? Many key players of Carpenters magic have passed on and it’s time to just begin to celebrate projects like the RPO where new music surrounds Karen’s voice with known favorites with new musicians to carry into the next 50 years. Recordings of great fidelity of favorites always fare better as they continue to shine that star! The more Karen’s voice can shine the more the Carpenters can be heard.

As much as I want to hear unrealesed material, when examples of great artists as above mentioned release albums past their prime it always seems to diminish their star. I am glad Richard stops with comfort with what has been completed. Karen had a great voice and I could hear it all, but Harry has made some good points repeatedly over unreleased material staying that way. Over the years I tend to agree. Would I like to hear the studio version of Thank You For the Music, yes, a few solo jems, yes, more from the buried treasures list, yes, but not at the expense of better judgement. Perhaps one day there will be a tribute to ABBA, where TYFTM appears, who knows? Many key players of Carpenters magic have passed on and it’s time to just begin to celebrate projects like the RPO where new music surrounds Karen’s voice with known favorites with new musicians to carry into the next 50 years. Recordings of great fidelity of favorites always fare better as they continue to shine that star! The more Karen’s voice can shine the more the Carpenters can be heard.

I miss your point. my inquiry was specifically about the richard carpenter christmas album

I miss your point. my inquiry was specifically about the richard carpenter christmas album
This Christmas project is part of the unrealeased material. If Karen is not a part of it - then it’s release should be questioned. I don’t believe it would sell advertised as Richard. His work with others also saw poor sales. Unfortunate, but true.
Personally, I have little interest in things outside Karen and my detailed feelings are outlined in the history of this board. In summary, it is Karen who is the voice of the Carpenters.

This Christmas project is part of the unrealeased material. If Karen is not a part of it - then it’s release should be questioned. I don’t believe it would sell advertised as Richard. His work with others also saw poor sales. Unfortunate, but true.
Personally, I have little interest in things outside Karen and my detailed feelings are outlined in the history of this board. In summary, it is Karen who is the voice of the Carpenters.

I've had it, i'm out of here.

Back
Top Bottom