LANI HALL Audio Book

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve Sidoruk

Founder, A&M Fan Net
Staff member
170050.jpg

LOS ANGELES, Jan. 20, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Grammy Award-winning vocalist Lani Hall Alpert shares an intensely personal narrative in her newly-released Emotional Memoirs & Short Stories audiobook, an intimate collection that features fiction and non-fiction from Lani's personal history in 1960s Chicago.
The collection's ten short stories come to life through the emotional narration of Lani Hall Alpert herself, as her voice guides readers through the vivid cityscape of the streets of Chicago amidst themes of sexuality, adultery, depression, and self-preservation among modern women protagonists. Emotional Memoirs is an ode of romance to the city of Chicago itself, from its energy and seduction to the ever-changing natural light among the Midwestern wind.
The narration is accompanied by a musical score chosen by Lani from the Extreme Music catalog, with additional music played by music legend Herb Alpert, composed and also played by Michael Colombier. The pacing of the musical score builds an emotional landscape of anticipation and feeling that will move readers along with Lani's every word.
The anticipated launch of Emotional Memoirs & Short Stories will begin on February 1st, when Lani Hall Alpert will offer the audiobook for free as a gift to fans and avid readers. For the entire month of February, the audiobook will be available for free download from Lani Hall's website. The launch will culminate with a concert series at the legendary Café Carlyle in New York City that features the enduring sound of Herb Alpert and Lani Hall Alpert in an intimate jazz setting, from March 10th to March 21st.
Lani Hall Alpert rose to fame in 1966 as the lead singer of Sergio Mendes' group, Brasil '66. Brasil '66 was signed to A&M Records by the co-founder of the label (and Lani's future husband), music legend Herb Alpert. Lani has the distinction of recording more than 22 albums in three different languages, four alongside her husband, and in 1983, she sang the title song for the James Bond film, Never Say Never Again. In 1986 Hall Alpert earned her first Grammy Award for Best Latin Pop Performance for her album, Es Facil Amar. As a teenager growing up in Chicago, Lani would write her feelings and impressions in poetic form. While becoming a professional vocalist, she traveled pen in hand, establishing a successful solo career in music,and becoming a wife and mother, Lani began to explore new creative outlets for her writing. Emotional Memoirs & Short Stories is Lani's first book.
Emotional Memoirs & Short Stories Digital Audio Book Available now on iTunes and Amazon.

About the Audio BookEmotional Memoirs and Short Stories, by Lani Hall Alpert
Audible Audio Edition
Listening Length: 5 hours and 7 minutes
Program Type: Audiobook
Version: Unabridged
Publisher: Lani Hall Alpert
Language: English
ASIN: B00NHXX7QQ
Audiobook Giveaway Time Period: February 1st to February 28th (Free download available on Lani Hall's website)Written, Narrated & Produced by: Lani Hall Alpert
Music by: Herb Alpert, Michael Colombier & Extreme Music
Audio Engineer: Alan Myerson
Additional Engineer: John Chapman
Recorded at: Remote Control Production
Narration recorded by: Hussain Jiffry
Cover Design by: Asha Hossein
Package Design by: Gerry Wersh

Lani Hall Alpert & Herb Alpert 2015 concert tour
datesMarch 10 thru 21 NYC / Café Carlyle (2 shows on Saturdays)
March 22- 24 days off
March 25 – Englewood, NJ / Bergen Performing Arts Center
March 26 - Morristown, NJ/ MAYO Performing Arts Center
March 27 - Wilmington, DE/ The Grand Opera House
March 28 - Rockville, MD/ The Robert E. Parilla Performing Arts Center
March 29 - Lancaster, PA/ American Music Theater
April 17,18,19,20 – Tokyo, Japan – Blue Note
May 7 – Solano Beach, CA (San Diego) / Belly Up Tavern
May 8 – Ventura, CA/ Ventura Music Festival – Ventura High School Auditorium
May 9 - Carmel, CA/ Sunset Center
June 4,5,6 - Costa Mesa, CA/ Segerstrom Center for the Arts/ Pacific Symphony

It was over a month ago that I spotted a promotional copy on CD of this book on eBay and ordered it. It arrived and I looked it over and filed it away. I'd had the book as a PDF file for a couple of year and never read any of it. The CD seemed like it would be interesting since Herb was participating with some background music.

So with this reminder today, I dug out the CD and gave a listen to the first story, "Come Rain Or Come Shine" and found myself rather engrossed. Herb's backing is light and sporadic, but it added a bit of flair to this audio book. I like Lani's reading style and will probably sample some more of this book.

I know that the files can be downloaded, but like with other things in my collection, I prefer having a hard copy, so I'm glad I sought out the promo CD. There are more out there, I notice.

Harry

"Sexuality, adultery, depression, and self-preservation"...Heck, I knew I should have gone to Roosevelt instead of Lane Tech!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom