LANI HALL & HERB ALPERT

Sounds nice! It seems that this song is somewhat related to the covid crisis of the past year, or perhaps I'm reading too much into it. All in all, it's a pretty tune, and Lani's vocals as usual are superb, and Herb's playing is great as ever. Great tune!

Jazzdre

Sounds nice! It seems that this song is somewhat related to the covid crisis of the past year, or perhaps I'm reading too much into it. All in all, it's a pretty tune, and Lani's vocals as usual are superb, and Herb's playing is great as ever. Great tune!

Jazzdre
Maybe I'm misunderstanding your post, but the tune is from Rent. The royalties from this (and Rent generally) over the years helped to fund The Jonathan Larson Performing Arts Foundation, which used to give grants to musical theater composers.

Who did the beautiful artwork? Is this a painting from Herb? Another question -- is that the talented Bill Cantos providing the piano parts?

I cannot say I like this version of this song, being a fan of the Broadway show Rent and knowing the iconic original.

Nice recording and performance, but that's never been a song I've liked much. It's kind of repetitious.

Lani still sounds like a dream though!

Hey JMK,

Thanks for straighten me out on this. I did not know that this was a song from the Broadway musical RENT.(and I live here in NY!) I'm sorry you misunderstood my post, but being ignorant of the song's origin, the lyrics(at least to me)sound like people getting thru the rough times of this pandemic season that we were in(and to a good degree we still are in).

With lyrics like "how do we measure a year in a life, what about love"; well, you can see where my thoughts were going considering all this country and world has been through. Sorry for the misunderstanding, but I heard things a little differently.

Reactions: JMK
Hey JMK,

Thanks for straighten me out on this. I did not know that this was a song from the Broadway musical RENT.(and I live here in NY!) I'm sorry you misunderstood my post, but being ignorant of the song's origin, the lyrics(at least to me)sound like people getting thru the rough times of this pandemic season that we were in(and to a good degree we still are in).

With lyrics like "how do we measure a year in a life, what about love"; well, you can see where my thoughts were going considering all this country and world has been through. Sorry for the misunderstanding, but I heard things a little differently.
I just didn't understand whether your comment meant you didn't know the source (which evidently you didn't LOL). The message is certainly relevant for what we've all been through.

Back
Top Bottom