Last Known Photo of Richard & Karen in Studio?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rick-An Ordinary Fool

I saw this pic on ebay & wondered if this was the last photo of them in the recording studio? Has anyone seen others?

I rarely see pics of them in the studio from 80-83. Wouldn't this photo be like 82/83? Karen's hair is short like in 82/83, right?

Would this have been the A & M studio where they recorded? Is that there gold records up there? It looks so dated with the old equipment used back then, even the phone is old phone style.

Sorry for all the questions but I don't remember ever seeing this photo on the net before. Just want to know if you agree with the writings about it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=29893&item=3356533696

That pic looks like 1981 to me. For one thing, Karen's hair looks about like it does in the MADE IN AMERICA videos. Karen also looks TERRIBLE, like she did in the months before she went to New York for treatment.

And since it was used in a 1981 LA Times article, I'd guess that it was taken before 1982 or 1983...

Dan

Geez, the picture went for $202.50! That's NUTS! Someone must REALLY like "rare" pictures of the Carpenters. I don't think I EVER paid more than $75 for ANYTHING Caprenters related....and I think that was for Japanese Anthology on vinal soon after it was released....Limited Addition #2000 and something....and then I had Richard Autograph it for me. But $202.50 for a picture? Will we see this person on Antiques Roadshow in about 60 years to see if they made a return on the investment?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom