Last original Carpenters album you bought

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vinylalbumcovers

Ah am so steel een luv weeth yoo
"Guitarmutt" inspired this. The first one was, of course, special. What, however, was the very last original album you grabbed and why did you wait to grab it?

For me, it was "Made In America." I just wasn't that compelled to grab it. Now that I've heard it, I know exactly why. It's the one I listen to least and I've never listened to it all the way through. I just can't make it.

Okay, your turn.

Ed

Excluding the albums that were released subsequent to the genesis of my interest in the group, I think the last one I bought was Ticket To Ride on cassette.

Since I bought them all as released after CLOSE TO YOU, then whatever you consider the last original album would be my last. AS TIME GOES BY? LOVELINES? AN-OLD FASHIONED CHRISTMAS? VOICE OF THE HEART? MADE IN AMERICA?

All of those have some claim to being considered "last".

Harry

I just bought a sealed original issue 8-track of 'Close To You' for $5.00 from E-bay. Perfect condition. Couldn't resist for the price.

Bob

Any intentions of breaking the seal and playing it? If you do, let us know how it sounds. Really didn't realise that 8-track was still around, I've never had the chance to experience 8-track, but apparently they had a better sound quality than cassettes, less background hiss.

I've got one that's opened already, and it still sounds good! So does the quad version of the 'Close To You' album. It's not as discreet as 'Now and Then', 'Singles' and 'Horizon', but there are discernible differences.

The 'Offering' 8-track runs a little fast. Amazing how they escaped from A&M's manufacturers at the wrong speed, but that's what happened. It's not drastic, but you can tell it runs faster than the album. Other Carpenters tapes play normally. It's noticeable on the very early A&M 8-tracks.

Have the sealed PASSAGE 8 track plus many others already opened. No 8 track player now tho. First CarpenterS purchase? I'll have to rub my two remaining brain cells together to come up with that answer. This might take awhile. Like starting fire in the rain nowadays.

Jeff

Wow, thanks for the fun thread inspired by yours truly! Funnily, I came along a bit later. My first purchase as recounted in my thread was in '87, and I bought 'em as I found 'em. After a bit of memory digging, I'm pretty sure I actually got Horizon last, curiously. But, IMHO, what a great last record, for me! I have not gotten around to the official review, but I do rather like that one.

I bought a vinyl copy of Lovelines off of eBay a few months ago, as it was the only original recording of theirs that I didn't have on vinyl.

I believe my last Carpenters purchase was the 45 single(s) of Honolulu City Lights (with lovely picture sleeve).
Guess that's not an album,though! That would be The Singles 1974-1978 CD.

"Made In America" & "Voice Of the Heart" (both 1999 remasters) were my last purchases!! Matt Clark Sanford, MI

Last lp Made In America factory sealed on shelf $8 fave record haunt couple weeks back. In the last few months VOTH and another MIA both factory sealed Lps.
In the throws of moving stumbled upon the dbx decoding Close To You lp. Haven't a clue but to store once more. Tell ya what...this C's jazz is a moving extravaganza in itself.
Sidenote: Sold old 5.1 Onkyo system at garage sale today guaranteeing only CarpenterS had coursed thru its veins. Buyer laughed exclaiming CARPENTERS can you put that in writing? Well now sho 'nough you smart ass thought I while raising sleeve exposing my trusty CarpenterS logo tattoo. How's that for 'in writing' friend?

That's Jeff, branded-n-showing it off!

The last original album I bought was the Remastered Classics CD of Passage. It's my least favorite album, so it was the lowest priority as I was picking up all of the Remastered Classics one by one.

Jeff... you have a CarpenterS logo tattoo on your arm? That's some hardcore fan dedication there! Very cool. You should share a pic of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom