Lead Sister: The Story of Karen Carpenter by Lucy O'Brien

TheVoice

I have read every book published about Karen Carpenter and her brother Richard and I must say that Lucy O'Brien's book is the most accurate. The book was well written with a nice pace and the author really drilled down deep to get to the real story behind Ms. Carpenter's untimely death. The book covers and introduces information that was never covered in the other publications. I have a feeling that brother Richard was not given the opportunity to censor this book as he had done with other publications and films. I wonder why? I am in total agreement with what Dr. O'Brien writes about and brings forward in Lead Sister. The book covered everything and I loved how the author uses a timeline, year to year, as we read KC's tragic character story. This book is going to be a big hit with the Carpenter fans and people really need to read this book. Such a tragedy in more ways than one in that KC was the "Carpenters". Her legendary, prodigy, one-take, greatest female voice of all time and let's not forget her kick-butt drumming (best female drummer period). This was her first legacy but her greatest legacy, unfortunately, through her passing, was putting a spotlight on anorexia nervosa and literally saving countless women from the same tragic ending. Why "Carpenters" music is no longer played, except for Christmas, why Richard was undervalued and forgotten and why the national radio stations choose to NOT PLAY their music, is beyond me and continues the tragic story. Get this book by Dr. O'Brien and lets petition the national radio stations to start playing THE VOICE. Lets spread the word on Youtube to keep the Carpenter Legacy going. Long time fan, "THE VOICE"

Back
Top Bottom