Life Is My Song

A little further update. Back earlier in the year when I was making this comp and heard the dropouts on the "Aranjuez" 45, I messed around with lining up the 45 version with the album version in order to make the same edits - this time without the dropous. As I recall I was pretty successful, but stupid me realized after t was all done that the album version had the hoots & hollers in the middle portion, while the single version did not. So I left the project as-is for the time being, making a temporary CD with the dropout version of the single.

Today, I'm sitting here listening to some stuff on my laptop and I came across the 12" version of "Aranjuez". This time I noticed that it plays through without any hoots and hollers, so I'm thinking it might be possible to edit the 12" down to what the 7" version contains and I'd have the version I wanted fir the compilation. But I don't have the single here to compare anything to.

A project for when I get home.

(God I love this record!)

And here it is, "Aranjuez" in its shortened single version, taken from the 12" vinyl which doesn't have the dropouts inherent in the actual 45 pressing. This was really easy as the 12" exactly matched the 45, so all that was needed was a proper fade-out at the right point.

One final addendum to this little story about dropouts on the 45 of "Aranjuez (Mon Amour)" (around 2:30 into the track). While the dropouts are there on the standard 45 release of the b-side of "Rise", the 45 was remastered when it went to the Memories series. So if you have it on Memories AM-8624, it is dropout-free.

I had forgotten that I had tucked the few Memories/Forget Me Nots singles that I had at the end of the standard A&M 45s and spotted it there the other day and got to wondering about the dropouts. Golly, I can't believe this project started over a year ago!

1708025737173.png

Back
Top Bottom