1. A&M Corner can now be found on Instagram! Follow us on our new account at @a.m.corner .
    You may also follow us on Twitter: @amcorner.
  2. We have received word that UMe is aware of the problem with the Carpenters vinyl releases, both the box sets and the individual LPs, and has offered a solution. To receive a replacement, send a proof of purchase to UMGCustomerSupport@umusic.com. UMe prefers email, but those who prefer phone contact may call 1-800-288-5942 to speak to Customer Support.

Lindsey Buckingham quits Fleetwood Mac

Discussion in 'A Small Circle of Friends: The Music Forum' started by AM Matt, Apr 9, 2018.

1. AM Matt

AM Matt Well-Known Member Thread Starter

2. Mike Blakesley

Mike Blakesley Well-Known Member Moderator

Well this'll put the nail in the coffin for them, at least until he gets talked back into the band (which he always seems to).

This actually could be a good thing for their sound. Although I know a lot of people love Lindsey, he has steered them in a less than great direction on their last couple of studio albums (which were ages ago, of course). Beginning with the Mirage album and coming to a head on Tango In The Night, I thought he gave them too much of a tinkered-with, overproduced sound. That same thing was the only thing I didn't like about his recent album with Christine McVie. Great songs, but sometimes came off a little too processed-sounding.

Between him and Stevie Nicks' ego-tripping and continuously putting her own career ahead of the band that handed her her stardom.... I wish Mick, John and Chris would find some cool unknown guitarist and make one more old fashioned Fleetwood Mac album.

Bobberman likes this.
  3. Rudy

Rudy ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ Site Admin

US
    Don't know who to believe on this--some sources say "left the band," others say "fired." Heard about it a couple of days ago. I never considered Fleetwood Mac to be a "unit" for the past couple of decades anyway (since this lineup split originally), so it's kind of a non-news event. :shrug: The "core" has always been Mick, John and Christine and they have remained throughout; the rest have come and gone.

Buck's better off on his own--he's more eclectic than the others and does well on his own.

Fleetwood Mac should get Peter Green back in the group, just for kicks. Fans of the early days would really dig that.

Bobberman likes this.
  4. DeeInKY

DeeInKY Well-Known Member

Rudy likes this.
  5. Bobberman

Bobberman Well-Known Member

I'm not surprised I thought Fleetwood Mac disbanded for Good long ago but this has happened before nothing new under the sun

6. Mike Blakesley

Mike Blakesley Well-Known Member Moderator

A story on Rolling Stone.com says 'fired,' but of course no fine details.

Whoever decided it, they probably cost the group about a third of its ticket sales for their 'farewell' tour. It'll probably never come near here anyway, so I'll wait for the inevitable BluRay (I'm amazed they didn't do one of their last tour, unless they weren't happy with the recordings for some reason).

Bobberman likes this.