"Live at the Palladium Revisited"

Mark-T

Hello Friends! Coming this Friday on my blog, I take a detailed look at this live album. It follows all my "Fresh Look / Revisited" reviews of Carpenters discs in chronological order. I'm so thankful to all of you for reading these and all the input and insights you've shared! To get the most out of this review, if you haven't already, I'd suggest you read my look at Horizon and then A Kind of Hush. So, Friday, you'll find the article here: InsightsandSounds.blogspot.com

BTW- Passage is next. So if any of you have unique images or scans etc that apply to this album and season of their career, please contact me. Thanks.

Hello Friends! Coming this Friday on my blog, I take a detailed look at this live album. It follows all my "Fresh Look / Revisited" reviews of Carpenters discs in chronological order. I'm so thankful to all of you for reading these and all the input and insights you've shared! To get the most out of this review, if you haven't already, I'd suggest you read my look at Horizon and then A Kind of Hush. So, Friday, you'll find the article here: InsightsandSounds.blogspot.com
Can't wait!!!!

I was going to wait until December 10 to publish it, the date the album was released, but I thought it'd be better to do it earlier.

Good morning. The review is up. I hope you enjoy it.
Enjoyed it I did! That was a fun read. Thank you for taking the time to revisit the album. That picture of Karen laughing…. always happiest when drumsticks were in hand. I can’t imagine being able to get back stage to meet (fill in pop/rock star name here) today by just asking the security guard. Very lucky! btw, can I ask why a “Cooking For Two” cookbook as a gift? I’ll have to hunt down a copy of Palladium now and give it a listen.

Enjoyed it I did! That was a fun read. Thank you for taking the time to revisit the album. That picture of Karen laughing…. always happiest when drumsticks were in hand. I can’t imagine being able to get back stage to meet (fill in pop/rock star name here) today by just asking the security guard. Very lucky! btw, can I ask why a “Cooking For Two” cookbook as a gift? I’ll have to hunt down a copy of Palladium now and give it a listen.
Thanks so much! The cook book was something that took me a long time to decide on. I mean, what do you give someone who has everything materially that she could want? I'd heard she liked to cook, and I guess it seemed more appropriate than giving her a cookbook for one. :wink:

Nice job Mark. I saw them 2 times that year. Lake Tahoe in the winter, and the Selland Arena show with Helen Reddy in May. It’s hard to not be emotional about the Palladium, and Hush albums, since those were your first concerts that year too. They were numbers 3&4, for me. I was lucky enough to see them 2 more times in 77& 78. Anyway, I loved seeing them live, but i still very much prefer their superb, and mostly perfect studio recordings that couldn’t be duplicated live at the time, more. I remember finding the Palladium album in Fresno on my way back to college in Chico, Ca. during spring break that year, and played it often. Something new, was always welcome. It’s great to have people that take the time to share their thoughts, and feelings about their personal experiences, or opinions of Carpenters music on this forum.
Thanks Mark

Thanks so much! The cook book was something that took me a long time to decide on. I mean, what do you give someone who has everything materially that she could want? I'd heard she liked to cook, and I guess it seemed more appropriate than giving her a cookbook for one. :wink:
Maybe she was using your cookbook a couple of years later in the Christmas Portrait Special.

I just hope she didn't give that party crasher Peter Pitt any hors doeuvres.

Back
Top Bottom