"Live in Australia"!

Do you like LIVE IN AUSTRALIA?

• Yes...I LOVED IT!

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • No...Yuck! Their worst concert ever!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It was allright, nothing compared to Budokan!

• I've never seen it!...But I want to see it!

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • Never seen it, not even interested!

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CarpentersToYou

Somehow you brought the gambler out in me...
Man, I watched LIVE IN AUSTRALIA last night for the 1ST TIME.
I loved it! It was such a good show! It's nice to see a concert like this! I wish the quality was better!
I will be placing FULL REVIEWS on my website on this concert, as well as the THEY LONG TO SING ONCE MORE bootleg concert.

http://www.TheCarpenters.tk

I knew nothing about this show! :sad:
What year was it done?
Please give us more details about the concert.
Thanks,
Mark

It had to be recorded in 1972, during the Carpenters only tour of Australia.

I've seen bootleg tapes of this TV special for sale on eBay, and the show is in glorious BLACK & WHITE :!: Apparently, Australia didn't have color TV when the special was recorded.

Murray
...who wishes that Richard would release this special, along with the BBC specials, on DVD...

I don't recall if I've seen that one or not. I've got a bunch of bootleg tapes at home - I'll have to check.

Watching those grainy, ugly videos has lost its fascination for me, particularly when there's a high quality professional performance that looks so much better like LIVE AT THE BUDOKAN. I'd rather watch that one. Now if a DVD comes along, I'm all over it.

Harry

Interesting performance .....this would be ideal as an extra for a future Carpenters DVD / Video with several live performances included or a bonus for next official Carpenters DVD :)

Peter

Well I voted for I've never seen it, seems popular :D What was the quality like on this concert? Clear?

I do have the Live at Budakon in video tape, it's really clear, this is an excellent concert, I love the pre-footage arriving & gearing up for the concert.

I have an old video of Karen on the Bruce Forsyth (sp?) show w/ out Richard, the quality is really bad but I still love watching it. Wasn't that the first time that Karen performed w/ out Richard, was kinda strange seeing someone else playing piano. The host was a riot & Karen was funny too. Great show even thought it's really snowy.

Hi all!

They video quality is grainy black and white. I can't turn the sound up past 25 because it rings through my speakers on my TV.

The vocals are simply wonderful! It's funny because Richard addresses the fact that people thought there were married. When he introduced Karen he said:

"Right here as lead singer and drummer, my sister, NOT my wife, Karen Carpenter"!

It's from an Australian TV channel. It's unfortunate it's not better quality, but the.

Here's some shots:

aust2004.jpg

Here's a description:
The Carpenters Live In Melbourne, Australia 1972. This concert is very rare and hard to find. They perform the following: "Help", "Love Is Surrender", "Ticket To Ride", "For All We Know", "Close To You", "Cinderella Rockefella", "Superstar", "Any Day Now", "Baby Its You", "Make It Easy On Yourself", "There is Always Something There To Remind Me", "Walk On By", "Do You Know The Way To San Jose?", "Hurting Each Other", and close the show with "We've Only Just Begun". Richard also explains overdubbing to get their sound and even jokes about Karen and him not being husband and wife as many people think!
It's 1972- 35 min.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom