Votes: 32 94.1%
  • No

Votes: 2 5.9%

• Total voters

Chris May

Resident ‘Carpenterologist’
Staff member
Hi, all!

I get quite a few questions on the regular about details related to the Carpenters—both on the music as well as the production side. Now that the book has been released, I'm trying to determine whether or not there would be enough interest in me setting up a live Q&A on either YouTube or Zoom, where you can ask these kinds of questions, and/or even questions related to the creation of Carpenters: The Musical Legacy.

For as much as we addressed in the book, there was plenty that we either had no time, or space to include, so I thought I'd throw the idea out there.

Yes, I'm in - but wondering how many people Zoom (or similar apps) can handle simultaneously...is there a technical limit? Aside from that, is there a maximum number of people who can participate in a Q & A session beyond which it becomes disorganized or confusing?

Yes, I'm in - but wondering how many people Zoom (or similar apps) can handle simultaneously...is there a technical limit? Aside from that, is there a maximum number of people who can participate in a Q & A session beyond which it becomes disorganized or confusing?
Likely the best way to set it up is via YouTube. This way the questions can be done via chat window, and responses live via screen.

Personally, I would like to hear more about the making of Hush/Passage/Portrait ... particularly if RC were to be involved. Richard talks a great deal about the early days but hardly ever seems to discuss the later years. The might, of course be down to his illness at the time and vague memories.

Finally circling back to this, as I've had a rather busy few weeks! There are a couple of ways we can do this.

My initial idea was to set up a scheduled, live YouTube broadcast where folks can submit questions via chat that can be answered live by either myself, or both me and my co-author, Mike.

OR, given the challenge with trying to coordinate a time with the various time zones, you guys can post a series of questions here on this thread, and I can make several small videos that address a few questions at a time.

Thoughts?

Finally circling back to this, as I've had a rather busy few weeks! There are a couple of ways we can do this.

My initial idea was to set up a scheduled, live YouTube broadcast where folks can submit questions via chat that can be answered live by either myself, or both me and my co-author, Mike.

OR, given the challenge with trying to coordinate a time with the various time zones, you guys can post a series of questions here on this thread, and I can make several small videos that address a few questions at a time.

Thoughts?
Either one works for me. You should make a poll.

Thoughts?
The second one please.

Back
Top Bottom