Live Q&A?

Would you participate in a live Q&A?

• Yes

Votes: 32 94.1%
  • No

Votes: 2 5.9%

• Total voters
Thanks for the chance to ask questions, Chris. I might have missed some info in the smaller print in the book, btw.

Anyway:-

1. Is there a studio version of ‘Thank You For The Music’, with complete lead vocal?

2. About ten years ago, there was an apparently authorised DVD of the three televised BBC concerts to be released in Japan, which was shelved literally at the last minute. Any info about this?

3. Does Richard own many previously unreleased TV appearances? Does he own a copy of the yellow brick road version of ‘Those Good Old Dreams?’ Might these be released / shared any time?

4. While preparing for the book, did you get to hear any unreleased songs? If so, what were your impressions?

5. The word in the media at the time that the 1977 tour of Japan and Australia was cancelled was that it had been cancelled because of ‘lack of interest’ - I guess, lack of public interest, not lack of interest on the part of Karen and Richard 😁 - (at least, that was said in Australia). What is Richard’s take? I can’t imagine there being lack of interest in Japan, so there must have been another reason.

6). Any chance some of the unreleased songs from the solo project might be touched up and released? In my judgement, these are some of the better songs from the project.

Too many questions, I know. You can choose. :) Thanks, Chris.

I’d like to hear some stories from the creation and recording of the Time album. Was he hoping for it to be a bigger hit than it was or was it more of an experiment? Was he doing it to showcase his abilities to produce others with the hopes to expand his career in that direction? How did he end up partnering with Richard Marx who’s career exploded around the same time as the album came out?

I've seen a few references to similarities between the first Carpenters album, OFFERING, and the Roger Nichols & The SMALL CIRCLE OF FRIENDS album that stiffed initially and has become a cult favorite over the years. In your conversations, did Richard ever mention or reference Roger's album?

I've seen a few references to similarities between the first Carpenters album, OFFERING, and the Roger Nichols & The SMALL CIRCLE OF FRIENDS album that stiffed initially and has become a cult favorite over the years. In your conversations, did Richard ever mention or reference Roger's album?
If memory serves me, we've not talked about that one specifically, no.

Thanks for the live Q&A episodes you are putting together and Richard's comments on A Kind of Hush was a nice surprise. My question would be pertaining to the opening acts that supported the Carpenters during their touring years once they became the headliner. Would it be possible to provide a list and are you privy to Richard's thoughts on the choices, their interactions with them and was it always Sherwin Bash who made the decision on who to hire? I'm aware of Neil Sedaka, George Gobel (my concert summer of 1976), Mac Davis, Skiles and Henderson and Steve Martin. Nice kitchen by the way and you need to visit Maine this summer!

There were also Carl Ballentine the magician Bakersfield, Helen Reddy, in Fresno,and Gilbert O’Sullivan at the Hollywood Bowl. Cal State Long Beach Choir for the Christmas Concert as well. A complete list would be really nice.

Back
Top Bottom