Longest Unbroken Sequence of A&M LPs in Your Collection by Consecutive Catalogue Numbers

I have the first 25 lps on A&M starting with "The Lonely Bull" and ending with "The Sandpipers." The next 2 lps (Boyce & Hart and The Parade) I don't have.

The Parade would break everyone's streak--it was never released.

Eventually Japan would reissue it, as would Cherry Red in the UK.

Digitally, I've managed to get a lot of these in my collection, and used vinyl to fill in a few blanks. But I don't actually try to get all of the titles as LPs. I do come close with the A&M/CTI records though, largely because digital releases were sporadic over the years, at least up until recently, with only three titles remaining that haven't seen digital release.

I have the first 25 lps on A&M starting with "The Lonely Bull" and ending with "The Sandpipers." The next 2 lps (Boyce & Hart and The Parade) I don't have.
I have been finding some of the lp's at used record and book stores lately and at thrift stores. I added "Watch Out" recently and it is on the turntable. This give me a sequence of 4110 through 4119 and 26 lp's of the first 39.
It would have been nice if some promo copies of "The Parade" had gone out before it was shelved.

Last edited:
List the cat # sequence and tell us: (1) how such a long unbroken sequence came into existence, and (2) the specific circumstance that both initiates and breaks the sequence.

A few ground rules:
  • Releases may be represented by multiple formats (though the golden ring will be bestowed upon those who have all releases in one format with no reissues).
  • Reissues with different cat #s may be substituted for original issues.
  • Foreign releases may be substituted for original U.S. issues.
I recently added Baja Marimba Band's debut and Rides Again to my collection. This gives me a 13 album streak and 28 of the first 39 A&M lp's.

Back
Top Bottom