Look around for Equinox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harry

Charter A&M Corner Member
Staff member
Site Admin
Since I've gotten back from my mid-week business trip, I've been to three record stores (two different Borders and a Sam Goody) and there's no sign of the new EQUINOX anywhere. I'll be checking the Best Buy near home, but I don't hold out much hope. It looks like this'll have to be an Internet order.

Harry
...LOOKing AROUND for EQUINOX, online...

mendes_serg_equinox~~_101b.jpg

FWIW, I haven't even bothered with local record shops lately. Other than anything I may have bought at Xmas, the last time I recall getting a CD was last June when BR5-49's new CD came out.

Maybe you should have checked when you were "out of town" this past Tuesday. :wink: I'm wondering if Car City Records or Repeat The Beat would have had it? Or Harmony House?

FWIW, I just checked CDNow, and surprisingly, they're getting "top gouge" $18.98 for it there. They're usually at least a buck or two cheaper!

Got my order in at half.com for $8.99 in case someone turns one in. Current price at half.com is $15.77. Amazon has it for $14.99. CD Universe, $13.29. (On sale!) But still trying to mooch a promo from A&M regardless.

-= N =-
...brainstorms, two days later...

Harry said:
Since I've gotten back from my mid-week business trip, I've been to three record stores (two different Borders and a Sam Goody) and there's no sign of the new EQUINOX anywhere. I'll be checking the Best Buy near home, but I don't hold out much hope. It looks like this'll have to be an Internet order.

I haven't seen it yet, either. I've been to Best Buy and Fry's, but no luck. I plan on hitting Tower and Borders in the next day or two.

Capt. Bacardi
NP: Bill Berry - Shortcake

Interesting: I noticed the catalog number shows as "394 122"...which reflects the old SP4122. Anyone notice if other recent A&M/Univer$al releases have this similarity?

-= N =-

^^ The recent Carpenters Remastered series used old SP numbers in their catalog numbers.

Update: On a recommendation from Mac, I checked in a local Barnes & Noble, but no luck. They also said they could order it. Oh well.

So, I just ordered it through amazon.com. At least they're a few dollars cheaper than most.

Harry
NP: Frank Sinatra & Antonio Carlos Jobim, "Desafinado"

Now that I'm back from MY trip...

You guys forgot Valley Music in Forsyth Montana (the music "subsidiary" of my day job) where it can be had for $13.99. I will even waive the shipping charge for any of you A&M Cornerites. If interested, email me off the forum.

One caveat: Since I have been out of town, we don't have the CD in stock yet (I usually order on Friday for Monday delivery, and I was gone the week this CD came out). This week, due to the holiday, I won't be able to order until Tuesday, with delivery on Wednesday. I'm posting all this assuming the distributor will have it in stock, but given all the "bad luck" some of you have had in finding it, maybe they won't. I'll put up an update on Tuesday.

Maybe we should put some banner ads up here for your "mega-retailer" operations. :wink:

-= N =-

LOL! If we did, I would be the smallest mega-retailer in existence! Our whole CD "department" is about 8 feet wide. (we'd be dead without special ordering)

It'd be wider w/o all those 8-tracks taking up floor space! :wink: Then again, you probably have a better selection in 8 feet than a lot of these "big box" retailers have in the entire store. :confused:

-= N =-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom