Look Around (mono)

Harry

Charter A&M Corner Member
Staff member
Site Admin
I've been looking for quite awhile for one of these and finally came up with one. It's a white-label promo version housed in a standard stereo jacket with a "Monaural" sticker in the upper left. It also has an ink-stamp "Audition Record" on the rear. I've just arrived home to find this awaiting me. Haven't given it a run on the turntable yet, but it looks super clean. Even came with the original innersleeve (IH-5).

1636460953564.png

1636460968924.png

Last edited:
That is s good find.
I am searching for that along with Equinox and Fool On The Hill. I have found a couple of used record stores and they offer hope.
I may not find them but it will be fun looking for the mono versions.

I digitized it today and it sounds great. "Like A Lover" is for sure a dedicated mono mix with a bit more reverb on the lead vocals, giving the song an even more ethereal quality. Another track or two have slightly elongated fades, differentiating them from the stereo version.

I digitized it today and it sounds great. "Like A Lover" is for sure a dedicated mono mix with a bit more reverb on the lead vocals, giving the song an even more ethereal quality. Another track or two have slightly elongated fades, differentiating them from the stereo version.
That's part of the fun of collecting Mono versions of albums you just never know what pleasant surprises await you

I thought I made a score at a thrift store. I saw a copy of Equinox as LP122 but then I saw a stereo sticker next to it. The album inside the jacket was stereo.
oh well, I will keep looking.

Back
Top Bottom