Lost In Paradise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harry

Charter A&M Corner Member
Staff member
Site Admin
Over the years, we've had several threads on the interpretation of the lyrics to Sergio Mendes' "Lost In Paradise" from the STILLNESS album. It's been mentioned that the 45 picture sleeve for "Righteous Life"/"Lost In Paradise" has the lyrics printed right on it, however as far as I can tell, we've never had an illustration of that here.

Recently I acquired a copy of the single, so here is that "picture sleeve."

scan0001.jpg
scan0002.jpg

Harry

So it really IS "Grasshopper Airplane"!!!! What a trip those Roach Clips can give you, eh?! :b-smoker::naugaspinning:

"Righteous Life" is also one I was wondering about the lyrics for... Yes, that one seems to be a statement very profound & not out-of-character w/ Sergio & Company's canon... At least surviving the '60's into the '70's, they ably express the outlook of the typical foibles and follies of that era in that song...

And the Stillness successor, Pais Tropical was where things still weren't that down to earth, but by that time, more in-character, going back to their earlier, more fun-loving selves...!:wiggle:

-- Dave

I have that sleeve, too--I've always thought there were a few differences between the sung versions and the printed lyrics on both songs.

Yes, there are a few variations - as well as some incomplete repeats of some lines and choruses.

Harry

Yes, there are a few variations - as well as some incomplete repeats of some lines and choruses.

Harry

CHORUSES! :idea:

Yes, I forgot: What about something like "Lost In Paradise" featured on THE VOICE?! :b-pianodance:

Or better yet: "Righteous Life" on GLEE?! :nauga:

-- Dave

Two of my favorite songs from STILLNESS!
Lost In Paradise: I always thought it was "honor my name". I would have to hear Lani's take on the song. At the time, Gracinha had a slightly rougher edge to her voice, and I thought the song would benefit from Lani's smoother, even spacey vocals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom