LOST TREASURES CD Cover Art and Song Listing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The disks are probably showing up in stores all over the place now. Major city stores get their shipments on Friday and they are not SUPPOSED to put them out until Tuesday (release date) but employees don't always know what's new and what's older, they just unpack everything and display it.

Smaller stores like ours will get their shipments on Monday and Tuesday so it's more likely that such stores will comply with the rules, out of practicalilty if nothing else.

Worst thing is, I'm not sure if these pre-sales would get counted in SoundScan towards Herb's opening week sales.

Street date violations....bad thing, but unfortunately nothing is ever done about it these days, it seems.

Mine are coming from Amazon, and the expected delivery date is 2/10-12/05. They are expecting to ship them on either 2/7 or 2/8...

We received our copies on Friday (I work at Fry's Electronics in Austin, TX...in the cd department)....I was disappointed, only 2 copies of TLB & SOTB, and 3 of Lost Treasures. I plan buy mine early Tuesday, after placing them in will-call on Monday night.....it was funny, I was holding TLB back in the unloading dock, hardly believing it was real....one of the workers asks me, "Who the hell is Herb Alpert?" I just shook my head sadly.

sbsugar said:
....one of the workers asks me, "Who the hell is Herb Alpert?" I just shook my head sadly.

And through the news was rather sad... I just had to laugh :|
(Lennon/McCartney)

sbsugar said:
We received our copies on Friday (I work at Fry's Electronics in Austin, TX...in the CD Department...) ...one of the workers asks me, "Who the hell is Herb Alpert?"

Well, there goes the plan to reissue Herb Alpert Presents Pete Jolly; which is why I wondered about and even started a thread about whether or not a reissue (another?) of Sergio's debut would STILL be ...Who...?...Presents... :tongue:

Dave

Don't understand why so many of You guys are shooting Vol2 down in flames - what's wrong with it then? I personally think it's a masterpiece - especially when You consider it was only TJB's second album. I started buying TJB CDs in the early 90's mainly from HMV in London ( His Masters Voice is a HUGE store on Oxford Street ) but I never ever saw Vol2 for sale - if I had I would have bought the lot! I eventually bought a original copy on eBay. From HMV I bought Whipped Cream, Going Places, Lonely Bull, Foursider, Christmas Album, A+M Gold series, Classics Volume1 and Greatest Hits Vol2. I am glad I did, because all of those CDs are fetching a premium on eBay these days. Oh - and in the early 90's I never saw S.O.T.B or W.N.M.L. on sale at HMV either! So Guys - Please stop slagging Vol2!

For me it wasn't that Volume 2 was bad - I thought some of the songs were good - but it was a terrible recording soundwise. Too tinny, not enough bottom on some of the tracks. The 45 of "The Great Manolete" had a better sound than on the LP.

Capt. Bacardi

why can't we be objective? why do we have to like everything our favorite artists do? differing opinions are what make a forum interesting, not just waxing goo goo eyed over everything an artist has ever done. my faves are herb albums 4 thru 10. my fave brasil 66 are albums 1 thru 5.

herbs other stuff is at least always fairly interesting, the mendes stuff in comparison is rather tepid (for me). but the great stuff is what i get excited about. it's what i measure everthing else against.

I disagree somewhat about the sound quality of VOLUME 2 being tinny and poor. I think the original LP version is quite nice. I do agree that the 1988 CD version is tinny and poorly mastered and that's part of the reason I want them to release the new "Remastered" version with personal supervision from Herb and Larry. I agree with lonely bull that V2 is terribly underrated.

David,
in praise of VOLUME 2

Mike said:
sbsugar said:
....one of the workers asks me, "Who the hell is Herb Alpert?" I just shook my head sadly.

And through the news was rather sad... I just had to laugh :|
(Lennon/McCartney)

And over on another thread, we've got a conversation going about whether Michael Jackson - alias Jacko the Alien - can make a comeback from his legal and public relations problems...

And, then we hear that someone hasn't even heard of Herb Alpert...yet Jacko remains a famous name...

Talk about SAD... :sad: :sad: :sad:

I love Winds of Barcelona. For that song alone, I'd like to get Volume 2.

I do remember hearing the TJB perform Winds of Barcelona in concert in 1968. I am sure that my memory is correct when I say that they had given it a little more up-tempo "punch" - a little rock feel - for live performance.

To those who already have Lonely Bull and South of The Border reissues, is the cover art on the back the same as the LP? If not, what's different about it?

David,
wondering how faithfully they stuck to the original artwork......

the back covers of the lps are reproduced on the back of the little booklets that come with

the front cover of the "south of the border" booklet has a pic of herb that is to die for

So is the back of the LP cover what you see when you're looking at the back of the digi pack, or do you have to pull out the booklet to see it?

David,
thanking Walterphil for his help with this question........

ya gotta pull it out
its packed inside
(it's a 20 pg. booklet w/very
informative notes and great pix)

the back of the digopack itself is
a nondescript listing of songs
with a tiny photo of the band

there is also a small insert inside with color pix
of the next 4 reissues.

the cds themselves have some great graphics
on em as well. (colored type/graphics)

Status