LOST TREASURES Re-Issue

Is it confirmed that it is in fact Herb on Manha De Carnival? Doesn’t sound like him...
  • Main melody: I'm about "60% sure"
  • Fade: If that isn't Herb playing then I'll eat my 45 of Mexican Drummer Man

I agree that the cuts off You Smile - The Song Begins (and "Fire & Rain") should be eliminated and replaced with the original 45 version of "Fire & Rain," "El Bimbo," the two Shout! WC&OD bonus tracks, "Mexican Drummer Man" and any (if they exist) other tracks from what would've been the third re-united TJB album ("Neverland," Desert Dance" and/or "Somewhere")...

--Mr Bill

I think anything else should be for a future "rarities" release instead. If any further rarities have survived--we have no idea what is remaining, or if the masters even still exist.

The album already has an identity with its current track lineup, and saves folks from asking, "Which Lost Treasures do I have?"

At the risk of starting reruns early, LOST TREASURES - as is - delete anything Shout!, add HAP.

At the risk of starting reruns early, LOST TREASURES - as is - delete anything Shout!, add HAP.
While that's a nice and concise phrase, it doesn't answer a number of questions that I and other fans will wonder about. I've already brought up the booklet. Will it or won't it? Other than the logo and copyright info on the rear, the rest of the booklet is free of "Shout" references.

Will the packaging conform to the previous HAP releases with a pocket for the disc? If the booklet stays, will it have its own pocket?

I suppose the "Herb Alpert Signature Series" references will go away, yes?

Well, it's still somewhat early. Perhaps you don't know the answers to these "pressing questions". If not, we'll forgive you. :)

I remember reading somewhere that there are "a few other TJB tracks" that didn't make it on to Lost Treasures.

Also, several years ago, there was an audio track of the TJB playing a :60 radio commercial with the Union Oil song. It has several TJB signature hooks like the Taste of Honey drum kicks. Lost in Space robot voice Dick Tufeld did the VO track. I have the audio, but there's not a way to attach a file here and if I post it back to YouTube, the copyright police might visit.

I remember reading somewhere that there are "a few other TJB tracks" that didn't make it on to Lost Treasures.

Also, several years ago, there was an audio track of the TJB playing a :60 radio commercial with the Union Oil song. It has several TJB signature hooks like the Taste of Honey drum kicks. Lost in Space robot voice Dick Tufeld did the VO track. I have the audio, but there's not a way to attach a file here and if I post it back to YouTube, the copyright police might visit.
There are many more than just a few others...

As I was checking Amazon it lists "Lost treasures for CD and Download available For Pre-ordering now

An odd comment, but I noticed on Qobuz that the HA Presents reissues in hi-res, 24-bit, 88.2kHz were removed in favor of 24-bit, 44.1kHz. Minor change but still...really?? No idea why they did that. We have the bandwidth and storage space for these and yes, some of us can hear the difference. That also meant I had to redo the playlists I had generated that contained any of those tracks.

I prefer not to order from HD Tracks (it's run by Chesky 🙄) but will do so under duress if they have the right hi-res version. If it's just CD resolution, I already have it, so I wouldn't need to upgrade it.

Lost Treasures has been uploaded to Spotify, but for some reason is under the Herb Alpert artist page instead of Herb Alpert & the Tijuana Brass.

Was looking forward to having this album in the rotation when I shuffle Herb Alpert & the Tijuana Brass. I wonder if this was intentional...

Seems it's also the same version digitally--they sound identical, and no hi-res version (so it hasn't been remastered). No need to get this if you have the Shout Factory version.

Seems it's also the same version digitally--they sound identical, and no hi-res version (so it hasn't been remastered). No need to get this if you have the Shout Factory version.
Being that it was released in 2005 there was no need to Remaster it i still have my Shout factory version and still Enjoying it to this day

With this report, I will likely return it in once it arrives.

My only concern is that the two bonus tracks from Whipped Cream are somewhat overlooked. On my server, I numbered and tagged them as tracks #23 and #24, so they now appear as part of the Lost Treasures "album" when I play it back. It works perfectly for me, but not everyone has that ability just yet.

Makes me hopeful that we'll perhaps get a second set of rarities and unreleased tracks in the future, where these can be included again.

LOST TREASURES, the new version, arrived today. (Gee, if Dave Lewis had been involved, might it have been called LONELY TREASURES? Oh, never mind!)

As our good friend Steve S. has said, it is exactly like the Shout! earlier issue. The package is indeed a digipak, rather than a disc-in-a-pocket release like the other HAP discs. It does indeed contain the same booklet. The disc face is also the same. Seriously, the only differences seems to be the absence of the "Signature Series" banner on the front, replace and Shout logos with HAP logos, change the UPC code, and eliminate the Shout insert advertising the rest of the old series. Sound seems identical, however, Windows Media Player recognized the disc, but NOT as the old issue since it let me rip it. Usually if a disc is exactly bit identical, it won't let me rip two copies without merging them all under the same title.

Back
Top Bottom