LOVE MUSIC LIVE IN LONDON WITH BONNIE BOWDEN AND BRASIL 77

Here is another great song written by Lambert and Potter and beautifully sung by Bonnie--"Put a Little Love Away." It was Christmas Eve 1973 and I was driving my girlfriend to a real nice restaurant and on my AM car radio was Bonnie singing this beautiful ballad. Sweet memories.

I made a CD once consisting of all Lambert/Potter tunes. Had everything on it from the above two songs to "Rhinestone Cowboy" by Glen Campbell, a couple from the Grass Roots, the Four Tops, Tavares, and Evie Sands, among others. It was and still is a great listen.

Reactions: lj
Here is another gem from Lambert/Potter with Bonnie singing "Funny You Should Say That" from the Vintage 74 album. Man, those guys could write good songs.

Here is Bonnie singing lead on "Going Out of My Head" once again live in London. Bonnie no less posted this song to YouTube. Within the last 10 years she had a two person show along with jazz flutist Hubert Laws in LA. I really regret not having seen the show. I should have driven up there from San Diego.

Bonnie Bowden uploaded another song--Viramundo-- from the 1973 Brasil 77 show in London.

Here is another video Bonnie Bowden just uploaded to YouTube -- from the Brasil 77 live in London show. I like this extended version of "YeMeLe"--always a favorite song of mine. For me, they are always at their very best when they perform from a Brazilian song playlist.

Here is another gem from Lambert/Potter with Bonnie singing "Funny You Should Say That" from the Vintage 74 album. Man, those guys could write good songs.

I read somewhere that when those guys were hired as songwriters, they were asked to create "frustrated love songs in a minor key." They really filled the bill with a lot of great catchy heartache songs!

Back
Top Bottom