Lovelines-30th Anniv Remastered

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rick-An Ordinary Fool

I just recvd my first Mini LP Style CD Remastered Version of Lovelines from Ebay. I have noticed that there are alot of these showing up on ebay lately.

I have to say that since I am from the era of Lp's & 45's I think this Mini CD LP Version is really cool, this is my first one. First the cardboard case is so neat, it is exactly like a mini style LP, it opens from the side & there is the CD inside of that plastic wrap Just like some of the Lps used to look like. The Picture on Lovelines is cool cause it has a marble texture to the pic that the CD version you cant really see.

BUT what I was most impressed with it this CD. I have played my regular Lovelines CD sooooo much that I know it like the back of my hand, When I popped this japan Lp Style CD into my car today, OMG the sound I noticed was 100% better.

What I noticed right away was that the sound was evenly distributed through-out the whole CD, What I mean is on my regular Lovelines, sometimes Karen would sound high pitched that my speakers would shake (I like my music loud) and I would sometimes have to turn the volume down especially on songs like, If We Try & If I Had You.

But this Cd was so great that I could play it loud & Karen was never too high, the CD seemed alot more evenly sounded, does that make sense? I can tell a huge difference in sound.

....finding a new collectible, online....

My impression of regular Lovelines CD was the recording itself which didn't seem to give out enough sound...both Karen's voice and other musical instruments. At the same volume level, other Carpenters' CDs sound grander and louder (not in a noisy way). Would have been a nice album if you can hear it loud and clear. Good for you Chris.

Chris, is that LP-style CD from the 30th Anniv. collector's edition boxed set? Wonder if folks are breaking up their sets and selling the individual CDs from it. Here's the set I'm thinking about:

http://webusers.warwick.net/~u1029269/carpentr/anniv01.htm

From what I understand, Richard did the remasters for that collection before the Remastered Classics were released. Maybe he and the engineers paid special attention to detail while putting it together and that's why the overall sound is better. :?:

BTW, congrats on snagging that one off ebay. :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom