Lovelines LP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rick-An Ordinary Fool

Since I know there are alot of fans here that can help me, I have a question about this LP

I have finally been able to add this LP to my collection. What I want to be sure of is that I have an original LP and not a re-issue (like alot of the Japan re-issues)

On the back cover at the bottom right it says: SP-3931

The Lp Label is like a black color with white words to list the tracks, then across the label in the middle is the what looks like small sized round records inside what looks like little boxes, then all the way at the end in the middle label it has the A & M Logo

Of course everything says 1989 on the label & on the back LP Cover

Can anyone confirm this for me that this is an original? I hope it's an original & not a re-issue. It sounds amazing!!!!

Thanks

EDIT: Oh, One other thing I noticed is that if you hold the LP up to a light you can sorta see through it. I never noticed are they all like that?

...thinking Karen is here in my room, playing my Lovelines LP, Online...

Sounds like an original to me. I don't think that album was re-issued on vinyl, but I could be wrong. Anyway, chances are it's the original from 1989. I have the Lovelines vinyl, and you're right, it does sound amazing. The reason that you can see light through it is because sometime in the '80s, A&M switched to using nearly exclusively, this special audiophile quality vinyl. The pressings were quieter than regular black vinyl.

That black and silver label was one of A&M's best designs. Too bad it didn't last all that long in the scheme of things.

Harry
NP: LOVELINES vinyl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom