Lyrics to Lost in Paradise

Status
Not open for further replies.

jww

Can anyone send me or post here the lyrics to Lost in Paradise? :?: Is it possible/probable for lyrics to be added to the discography section here for all of songs of the Brasil 66? Do any of the import discs have lyric sheets? If so could anyone scan that to attach to an e-mail to me (or Neil, if this is appropriate) or place it directly in the forum, like an lp cover scan? :confused: I don't want to put anyone out, but as I have only the lps, some of the lyrics escape my amatuer ears :wink: Thanks for anything on any of it...Jww

I'm posting this with the song's proper title.

Lost in the paradise
(Caetano Veloso)

My little grasshopper airplane
Cannot fly very high
I find you so far from my sight
I'm lost in my old green light

Don't help me, my love
My brother, my girl
Just tell me your name
Just let me say
Who am I
Don't help me, my love
My brother, my girl
Just tell me your name
Just let me say
Who am I

A big white plastic finger
Surrounds my dark green hair
But it's not your unknown caress
But it's not from your unknown right hand, oh

Don't help me, my love
My brother, my girl
Just tell me your name
Just let me say
Who am I
Don't help me, my love
My brother, my girl
Just tell me your name
Just let me say
Who am I

I am the sun, the darkness, my name is green wave
Death, salt, South America's my name
World is my name, my size
And under my name hear am I
My little grasshopper airplane
Cannot fly very high.

The new release of STILLNESS from Japan comes with a typically inaccurate lyric sheet. "Lost in Paradise" is particularly funny, referring to "my little grasshopper a-plane" and "But it's not you're a-non caress" and "My brother, my gal."

Yes, even with the lyrics for the song "Stillness" being written on the cover, the lyrics were still cleverly transcribed as "It cause the day" instead of: "It calls the day".

Speaking of lyrics, does anyone want to guess about the meaning of "Lost in the Paradise". I really do like this song, but yet, I still have no clue what it means.

Speaking of "Stillness." The lyric as printed on the cover goes "...defuse the dew drops." Well from my high school biology, I know it SHOULD be "diffuse." The lyric sheet in the import does indeed have "diffuse." I wonder if the song was indeed written with "defuse," or was it written "diffuse" and just transcribed wrong when the original cover was made up?

Didn't Paula Stone (the songwriter) post here a couple of times? Maybe she can clear this up.

Details, details! :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom