Lyrics to "More"

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrumpetBoredom

I was wondering, what ARE the lyrics to "More?" I've been told that there are lyrics, but I can't find them anywhere on the net.

Thanks a million!

This will drive me crazy and I'll be humming this song all night. I've tried to find the lyrics on the net too and had no success. Can't remember who recorded it originally, I am thinking it was played in a movie too. All I can remember are certain lines.
More than forever is my love for you.
More than you'll ever know, my arm's long to hold you so. No one else could love you more. :?:

There are lyrics, alright. I have a swinging version by Bobby Darin that is too cool for words. :cool: The song is from the movie Mondo Cane. Kai Winding had a big hit with it on Verve, although it had little trombone work in it.

Capt. Bacardi

okay, I got a bunch of info on it, all I needed was the original author's name.

It was written by Nino Oliviero for the movie Mondo Cane.

Frank Sinatra did a version of it... but it has no emotion in it at all. Nothing close to that of Herb... obviously. :wink:

Thanks for the help guys.

(by the way, you can find a recording of it we did on my website... we wrote it out and recorded it in one take, so... yeah. Enjoy)

This is off the top of my head...but here goes:

More than the greatest love the world has known,
This is the love I give to you alone.

More than the simple words I try to say,
I only live to love you more each day.

More than you'll ever know,
My arms long to hold you so.
My life will be in your keeping,
Laughing, loving, sighing, weeping.

Longer than ever is a long, long time...
But far beyond forever, you'll be mine;

I know I've never lived before, and my heart is very sure
No one else could love you more.

This was by far my favorite love song of all-time, and if I ever get hitched again, they'll play it at the ceremony.

I might be off on a word or two, I THINK it's "sighing"...could be crying...but that wouldn't go with weeping...

Herb's version is my personal favorite, followed closely by the BMB.

Dan, feeling very romantic all of a sudden....

This was by far my favorite love song of all-time, and if I ever get hitched again, they'll play it at the ceremony.

Dan, feeling very romantic all of a sudden....[/quote]

Let me know when to get out my cake pans and I'll make the wedding cake! :D :love:

You got a deal! I got the song and the cake...all I need is the girl...

Dan, thinking that 2 out of 3 isn't really all it's cracked up to be... :wink:

DAN BOLTON said:
...all I need is the girl...

And THAT is another classic song too. Got a version by Mel Tormé (from Mel Tormé Swings Shubert Alley). "Got my coat pressed, got my best vest..."

As for "More", I like the Basie/Sinatra version and, I think, I may have heard Bobby Darin's version. Who hasn't covered this song! The TJB's is almost done as a march--one gets a feeling of marching through old Tijuana. But not Madrid--that's covered elsewhere.

-= N =-

The staggering number of covers of "More" is factual. I think at one time it was knocking on the door of "Stardust" for most recordings. One version of the sheet music listed columns of artists who had recorded "More",with Andy Williams picture on the cover . Splank and Frank's version works for me with Frank kinda folllowing the arrangement instead of his usual lead but you can tell everyone is having lots of fun with it. Frank also recorded "All I Need Is the Girl",with Duke Ellington's Orchestra and a fine Billy May arrangement("Francis A. & Edward K.")-I play it anytime my wife and I dress in our " Sunday go to meetin'" clothes like we did the other day for a family wedding. "Got my striped tie,Got my hopes way up high,I got the time and I got the rhythm,Now all I need's the girl to go with'em"- a fine Julie Styne/Stephen Sondheim song from "Gypsy". Mac

It's neat to go to the ASCAP or BMI websites and look these songs up, just to see who's performed them.

If I recall, didn't the Lennon/McCartney "Yesterday" once hold the all-time record for number of cover versions? I know it was their most covered song when the "Compleat Beatles" book set was printed--the books not only featured the sheet music for all their songs, it also listed their songs and who had covered them.

-= N =-

I heard someplace that "Gentle On My Mind" was the most-recorded song in history...it might be neat if there was a definitive[hit] list or source to make it official...anybody got any ideas?

Also, to bring this back to A&M, what was the biggest A&M album ever? Did WHIPPED CREAM end up as the all-time greatest seller in the A&M catalogue?

Dan

If Whipped Cream isn't top, it's certainly up there. I'd think that Synchronicity by The Police would also be up there. Especially since it featured A&M's longest Billboard #1 stay (8 weeks for "Every Breath You Take").

Definitely not Spirits & Worm. :wink:

-= N =-

I'm normally not a huge fan of country or country/pop--in fact, I usually hate country/pop--but for some strange, inexplicable reason, I've loved Glen Campbell's live version of "More" ever since I was a wee little boy. It's from a live album circa 1969.

:shock:

- William

By the way, someone told me Mondo Cane is Italian for "The World is Going to the Dogs".

Kai Windings version was from an album of surfer music.

Bobby Darin's version was done recently on a TV commercial. Is it Wal-Mart, or Target or...?

Baja'a version is also very nice.[/i]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom