Madonna's Tribute To Karen Carpenter - "Rain"

Status
Not open for further replies.

amit1234

For those that don't know, in 1993, Madonna's album Erotica featured a tribute to Karen Carpenter entitled "Rain". Madonna's publicist Liz Rozenberg confirmed this upon the single's release. The song was a decent hit earning Madonna another Top 10 position.

I'm sure most of you here have heard this song. Thoughts?

Madonna herself is big Carpenters fan. Sidenote: John Bettis wrote her 1985 hit "Crazy For You" (a song which would have even more amazing if the Carpenters recorded it.)

On the low part of the song as it's beginning, Madonna does sound spookily like Karen Carpenter! A couple times I've been caught off-guard in, say, a mall or the like when the song is playing over the in-store speakers.

Hi Tim - In 1996, Madonna released a compilation of her greatest ballads entitled 'Something To Remember'. The album included her tribute to Karen, "Rain" among many other ballads that do have a Karen Carpenter/Carpenters "feel" to them, most notably: "I'll Remember", "This Used To Be My Playground", "Crazy For You", and "Live To Tell".

Sandra Bernhard (Madonna's on and off friend) also commented in a recent VH1 special about "Favorite Love Songs Of All Time" that "Superstar" by the Carpenters is her personal pick.

Just a few tidbits I thought some of you might be interested to know...

Madonna would have wanted to be more outspoken about her admiration towards Karen but that probably should bother her fans a bit I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom