Make Believe It's Your First Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark-T

Does anyone know if this song ever appeared on any CD without Karen saying, "Uh, I've got to get into a serious mood here"? If so, where is it.
I have always thought that spoken intro destroys the mood of the song.
I was hoping for an edited version on the "Essental Collection" but no such luck.
Mark

Yes. the song appeared without the intro on the original Yesterday Once More (and the identical Classics Vol. 2), though on those two, the song is segued slightly with the prior track, "I Need To Be In Love." But there's good news -- on the updated (Remastered Classics) version of Yesterday Once More (31454 1000 2), the song doesn't segue from the previous track and there is no intro with Karen's spoken line. The bad news is that coming out of the song, there's a little overlap segue with "All You Get From Love Is A Love Song."

Harry
...doin' the research, online...

The LP release of Voice Of The Heart contained the opening spoken intro. However, the single vinyl release of "Make Believe It's Your First Time" (at least the promo copy I have here - AM 2585) begins with the music part (clean open). It also eliminates that "flapping" sound that normally accompanies the opening of this song.

Craig - perhaps you remember hearing this version on the radio.

Harry
...checkin' it out, online...

Of course, you can always get the song on Karen's solo CD, "Karen Carpenter," where it lacks completely Richard's treatment.

Geographer said:
Of course, you can always get the song on Karen's solo CD, "Karen Carpenter," where it lacks completely Richard's treatment.

...and a more goosebump-producing version than this, you'll never find! Exquisite!

Harry
...who far prefers the solo version to the 'Carpenters' version, online...

So do I, because the solo version is so simply arranged and concentrated on Karen's vocals.

By the way, MBIYFT is the only track on the solo album, where piano is the main instrument. The other tracks are very guitar-orientated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom