Make Your Own Kind Of Music site

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff

Howdy!

I did a search of ' Karen Carpenter Make Your Own Kind Of music' and stumbled on a site devoted to the duo's 1971 summer t.v. program. Here, click on the MYOKOM icon. There is a great little medley of tunes strung together that were sung in the closing segments of the show. I think Karen could've hit w/a remake of 'Trains, Boats and Planes'. It's great to find some little heard CarpenterS gems!

Also, after hearing Harry speak about THE CORRS w/such affection, I purchased The Corrs "IN Blue" today and I can see the attraction to their music. Makes me wonder about all of the different styles and directions our Grammy winning faves could've gone...

Enjoy the medley!

Jeff

Here, click on the MYOKOM icon

Jeff where is the icon, how do I get to this site to hear that clip?

The Corrs make great music together, Harry converted me years ago.
:)

Thank you Jeff for your information. I have seen this site. But I only enjoyed photo in their early years. I'm very glad that I listen to the medley. My computer has been playing it.

Chris,

The website addy is www.thecarpenters.tv/
when you get onto the site, click on the televison screen of "Make Your Own Kind Of Music". you can hear the medley of songs from the show. I hope that you enjoy the medley, too.

Have a good weekend to you all.

Sakura

I did a search of ' Karen Carpenter Make Your Own Kind Of music' and stumbled on a site devoted to the duo's 1971 summer t.v. program. Here, click on the MYOKOM icon. There is a great little medley of tunes strung together that were sung in the closing segments of the show. I think Karen could've hit w/a remake of 'Trains, Boats and Planes'. It's great to find some little heard CarpenterS gems!

Wouldn't those shows make a great set of DVD's? Fans of not only Carpenters but their show guests would really appreciate them. Too bad getting rights permissions to those performances are so difficult.

Also, after hearing Harry speak about THE CORRS w/such affection, I purchased The Corrs "IN Blue" today and I can see the attraction to their music. Makes me wonder about all of the different styles and directions our Grammy winning faves could've gone...

Ah - another convert! :) Jeff, if you like IN BLUE, consider The Corrs' earliest album, FORGIVEN NOT FORGOTTEN, or their second one, TALK ON CORNERS. Both are excellent as well, and, some say, not as heavily 'produced' as IN BLUE. You can hear the Carpenters' influence in quite a few of their songs.

Harry
...hoping for the fourth Corrs studio album this year, online...

Thanks Jeff for that post. And thank you Sakura for the link.

I may have heard this a long time ago but can't really remember it. It is a really great medley, I wish the sound was better quality, Is this the entire medley? It seems the last part got cut off. Also the begining song, planes & boats & trains, is there more to this song? Is seems kinda short. I really like Karen's vocal on that beginging one. :)

Why has this never showed up on a compilation by Richard? Is he holding out on this one for another C release soon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom