• Two exciting new Carpenters releases are in the pipeline! The new book Carpenters: The Musical Legacy will be available on November 16, 2021 and can be ordered here. A big thanks to the authors and Richard Carpenter for their tremendous effort in compiling this book! Also, the new solo piano album Richard Carpenter's Piano Songbook is being released January 14, 2022, and is available for ordering here.

Make Your Own Kind Of Music: Tribute Website

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harry

Charter A&M Corner Member
Staff member
Site Admin
Yep, that site's been out there for a while now. I recall watching those shows too. Wish I had them on video.

Harry
...wondering why he missed this message, online...

Rudy

¡Que siga la fiesta!
Staff member
Site Admin
I recall in the Ray Coleman bio that the Carpenters were uncomfortable with the show--a rough shooting schedule, and a roster of artists that, today, leave us wondering, as they did, what kind of show the writers and producers were thinking of. Al Hirt I can understand, but...the Doodletown Pipers?? :rolleyes:

I don't ever recall this show playing in Detroit. I never was into the TV that much, but the way my mother watched the listings, she never would have missed something that had one of my favorite bands on it.

-= N =-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom