1. A&M Corner can now be found on Instagram! Follow us on our new account at @a.m.corner .
    You may also follow us on Twitter: @amcorner.
  2. We have received word that UMe is aware of the problem with the Carpenters vinyl releases, both the box sets and the individual LPs, and has offered a solution. To receive a replacement, send a proof of purchase to UMGCustomerSupport@umusic.com. UMe prefers email, but those who prefer phone contact may call 1-800-288-5942 to speak to Customer Support.

March 2018 Rememberances

Discussion in 'A Small Circle of Friends: The Music Forum' started by AM Matt, Mar 1, 2018.

1. AM Matt

AM Matt Well-Known Member Thread Starter

2. AM Matt

3. AM Matt

Bill Burkette, the lead singer of The Vogues ("You're The One", "Five O'Clock World" & "Turn Around, Look At Me") has died at 75 years old. Matt Clark Sanford, MI

4. AM Matt

5. AM Matt

6. AM Matt

7. LPJim

LPJim Well-Known Member Moderator

EDWARDS-Nokie.jpg Guitarist Nokie Edwards of the Ventures passed away today at age 82. He did a solo show and tutorial at a music store in my town in 1998. I saw him again when the group shared the stage with Kansas at an outdoor show on the Ohio River in Ashland, KY, in the summer of 2007.

JB

8. AM Matt

The Ventures lead guitarist of the "Hawaii Five - O" TV theme song. Matt Clark Sanford, MI

9. AM Matt

Stephen Hawking has died at 76 years old. The movie "The Theory Of Everything" (2014) was about his life. Stephen Hawking - Wikipedia Matt Clark Sanford, MI

10. Bobberman

Bobberman Well-Known Member

I am a Ventures fan this is too sad So far 3 out of 4 of the original members have passed I believe Mel Taylor passed first and then Bob Bogle ( or is it Don Wilson?) And Now Nokie Edwards so it looks like just One original member is left thankfully I have the CD reissues as The Ventures music Forever Lives on in my library.

11. GaryAlan

GaryAlan Well-Known Member

Interestingly/surprisingly enough, Rolling Stone Magazine writes of
    Theoretical Physicist Stephen Hawking (Caveat: His passing hits hard, as this is my profession):
    Excerpt....
    "For all his theories about the cosmos, Stephen Hawking may be remembered as much for his assessment
    of Homer Simpson's "donut-shaped universe" as his groundbreaking work on the nature of time and existence
    of parallel dimensions – and that's just one of Hawking's many contributions to a surprisingly robust comedic legacy."

Stephen Hawking: How an Astrophysicist Became a Global Pop-Culture Icon

12. LPJim

LPJim Well-Known Member Moderator

Bob Bogle passed away a few years ago. Don Wilson is still living. Drummer Mel Taylor died 22 years ago. His son, Leon, replaced him. Gerry McGhee occasionally tours with the Ventures but was not at the 2007 show.

JB

Bobberman likes this.
  13. AM Matt

Steve Mandell of the song "Dueling Banjos" (from the 1972 movie "Deliverance") has died on March 14 at 76 years old. Dueling Banjos - Wikipedia Matt Clark Sanford, MI

14. AM Matt

15. AM Matt

OOPS, Delores Taylor was 85 years old. Matt Clark Sanford, MI

16. AM Matt

17. AM Matt

Songwriter Kenny O'Dell has died at 73 years old. Kenny had a Top 40 hit with "Beautiful People" in 1968. Kenny wrote "Behind Closed Doors" for the late Charlie Rich in 1973 & "Mama He's Crazy" by The Judds in 1983. Kenny O'Dell - Wikipedia Matt Clark Sanford, MI

18. AM Matt

19. AM Matt